X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TL5
    • Feb 2004

Multi-channel input level settings

I need some help calibrating my system for DVD-A/SA-CD. I have an Integra 9.1U2 receiver, and a Pioneer DV-47A DVD player. When I play a DVD-A or SA-CD, I find the bass excessive unless I turn the sub down about -6 in the multichannel level settings. Why should this be if my sub was carefully calibrated through the set up menu? Do these settings not apply to the multichannel inputs? What is the best way to calibrate these inputs so what I am hearing is accurate?
    Thanks,

Patrick
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

TL5
    Welcome to the world of having a HT receiver! :sh: When you have a 2 channel stereo, once it is calibrated life is just sweet. 8) Unfortunately with these receivers these problems occur. I am not aware of the specs for your bass mangement system but most new receivers (Integras, Rotels etc)have a separate setting for each source so that you need not play around with the bass each and every time.

For calibration you have to play it by ear. For me I like my bass when I have a soundstage and not neccessarily thumping in my chest.

Hope this helps!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• pepar
      • Dec 2002

The multi-channel input is a pass-through; no controls or settings (except volume) have any effect on the signals inputted there. Bass management, speaker distance and channel trim must all be done BEFORE the signals get to the RDC-7.

Originally posted by TL5
      I need some help calibrating my system for DVD-A/SA-CD. I have an Integra 9.1U2 receiver, and a Pioneer DV-47A DVD player. When I play a DVD-A or SA-CD, I find the bass excessive unless I turn the sub down about -6 in the multichannel level settings. Why should this be if my sub was carefully calibrated through the set up menu? Do these settings not apply to the multichannel inputs? What is the best way to calibrate these inputs so what I am hearing is accurate?
      Thanks,

Patrick

-
      "The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater
      -
      Home theater renovation underway!

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

Comment

• Razvan
        • Jan 2002

"The multi-channel input is a pass-through; no controls or settings (except volume) have any effect on the signals inputted there."

Not true. On the RDC-7 the bass and treble settings can be changed for the multi-channel input.

R

Comment

• pepar
          • Dec 2002

Right-o! My mistake. Volume, bass and treble, but nuttin' else.

Originally posted by Razvan
          "The multi-channel input is a pass-through; no controls or settings (except volume) have any effect on the signals inputted there."

Not true. On the RDC-7 the bass and treble settings can be changed for the multi-channel input.

R

-

-
          Home theater renovation underway!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"