X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ton1313
    • Mar 2002

RDA-7 Anyone have it? How is it?

I am considering it, how is it for 2 chanel CD performance? I am currently running an Odyssey Stratos for my 2 ch. Any comparisons?

Thanks
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

You might want to check out member Steve Goff's review from a while back: http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/inde...FB=1&TID=39116 -- he really liked his RDA-7 a lot. I hope he'll comment about it again in this thread.

I can't really answer your question since most of the demo I heard with the RDA-7 (in combo with the RDC-7) was surround sound for movies. However, I heard enough of the combo's sound with CDs, and was favorably enough impressed by it, to spring for the RDC-7. (I have been very pleased with the RDC-7's performance on two channel music in the two years or so since then that I've used it in my home system.)

As I commented in Steve's review thread, in retrospect I wish I had bought the RDA-7 at the same time that I bought the RDC-7, since the dealer was offering an incredilbe deal that will probably never be duplicated. However, if I had bought it then it would have been for surround duty, not the main two channels, for which I am still (and would be) using the incomparable Brown Electronics Lab 1001 Mk V.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• ton1313
      • Mar 2002

Burke,

I just puchased an RDA-7, used from a guy in CA. Payment has been made, and it will be shipped sometime this week. I can't wait :!: :P :!:

I'll post impressions after I get it.

Comment

• ton1313
        • Mar 2002

I've been tracking it & it will be here in about 3 hours :!: :yeah:

I can't freaking wait :!:

Comment

• ton1313
          • Mar 2002

I've been tracking it & it will be here in about 3 hours :!: :yeah:

I can't freaking wait :!:

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Sounds exciting! That delivery guy had better be on time. ;>) When you've had a chance to enjoy it in your system, we'll be interested in the details of how nicely it works with your RDC-7 and speakers.

Enjoy!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• ton1313
              • Mar 2002

Hi All,

This amp is absolutely stunning!!! I could go on and on with all of the usual audio jargon, about how massive the soundstage is, or how much low level detail really is on your CD's & DVD's, how much control this amp has over your speakers, & etc. So to sum it up in three words or less.

It really is.

Do you think that I could actually leave it at that 8O ? I will post back with more detail when I have time

Comment

• awtryau89
                • Dec 2002

ton,
                If you do not mind I ask, how much did this amp cost you? I am going to begin my search soon for a used or demo unit. Thanks.

Eric Awtry
                War Eagle
                Eric Awtry
                War Eagle

Comment

• ton1313
                  • Mar 2002

I found it used, with a slight blemish on top of the left bump gaurd, for $1900 shipped. It does weigh 110 lbs, so shipping is pricey. Warning note, be sure to have a deep shelf available for it. It is 22 inches deep & the feet are 17" apart. I had to "improvise" a shelf extention to hold this beast.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"