X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyhdguy
    • Nov 2010

Problem with DTR-5.5 and new BD player

List,

I am hoping someone has a solution for me.

I have a new Samsung c6900 blu-ray player and and 63c8000 plasma display which I am using with our existing HT system. The AVR is a Integra DTR-5.5.

When I connect the BD player to the AVR using the 5.1 multi connections I get no sound whatsoever. If I use the optical connection instead, everything is fine. I can hear a "ssss" sound out of all speakers when using the 5.1 connections, so it seems like the AVR is sending a signal...just not receiving anything from the BD player. I have tried connecting one of the outputs from the BD player (like Right Front) to another input on the AVR (the CD input for example) to see if there is a signal there...but still nothing.

I talked to Samsung tech support (up through level tier 2) and they have literally no clue.

QUESTIONS: Has anyone been successful in connecting a new BD player to their Integra using the 5.1 inputs? If so, what configuration changes did you make on the receiver to make it work?

Thanks for the help. This is a very frustrating problem!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"