X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abNORMal
    • Feb 2010

Repair of Integra Research RDV-1

It stopped spinning discs so I need a transport motor or complete assembly and having trouble locating parts. :cry: Any suggestions?
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Have you gotten any response from the nearest Integra service center? http://integrahometheater.com/locator.cfm Even though the entire Integra Research line has been discontinued, it would seem reasonable to expect that Integra might still stock some essential parts for those products.

Of course, depending on the projected cost of the parts and repair, it might be time to start looking for a replacement. Oppo makes really outstanding universal players at a relatively reasonable cost (for a true universal player). Their highly acclaimed DVD/SACD/DVD-A/CD models have been discontinued, but their BluRay/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/CD units are even better, and a terrific value for the outstanding performance delivered (speaking from personal experience).

Good luck,
    Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by abNORMal
      It stopped spinning discs so I need a transport motor or complete assembly and having trouble locating parts. :cry: Any suggestions?
      They don't support them any more
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• abNORMal
        • Feb 2010

I can repair it myself if I can get the parts. Guess I'll have to buy another IR RDV-1 used. I don't know for certain but I doubt the OPPO will sound as good. This thing weighs 25 lbs with two toroidal transformers and blows away my Integra DPS-8.3 universal player that I thought was pretty darned good. The IR is over-built to BAT's specs.

Comment

• hll7575
          • Jun 2010

Hll7575

I recently acquired a set of used RDA-7, RDC-7 (no upgrades), and RDV-1. As far as I could tell, only the RDV-1 didn't load either a CD or DVD, even the open/close mechanism and all lights were working.

I called Integra and found a local authorized service center (I live in Washington DC area). Timmy, the service technician, was very knowledgeable and straightforward. He would charge $45 to diagnose the problem, which would be included in the final bill if I decided to repair. It turned out that the "plastic" loading gear had several cracks (must be from a careless ex-user); he replaced with new pieces, and WOLA! I got a fully functional RDV-1 again - all for $125.

I would say give the authorized service center a try in your area (if you could find one).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"