X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Integra Warrantee Support

About a month ago while watching the Olympics my DTC 9.8 quit processing video over HDMI....Oh my! I fedexed it back to my dealer who checked it out and got the same results so he sent it on to Integra. I picked it back up from the dealer last week....three weeks to the day from when I sent it off to him. It works perfectly and came back with the latest firmware and DSP.

Although I am upset over the failure, I am very pleased with the turn-around-time and quality of the work. Much better than the six to eight weeks that I experienced from both Rotel and Anthem.
    Jerry Rappaport
  • mitch57
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
    About a month ago while watching the Olympics my DTC 9.8 quit processing video over HDMI....Oh my! I fedexed it back to my dealer who checked it out and got the same results so he sent it on to Integra. I picked it back up from the dealer last week....three weeks to the day from when I sent it off to him. It works perfectly and came back with the latest firmware and DSP.

Although I am upset over the failure, I am very pleased with the turn-around-time and quality of the work. Much better than the six to eight weeks that I experienced from both Rotel and Anthem.
    That's good to hear. I was wondering what the outcome of your situation was.

My first unit was defective from day one. Integra replaced my unit with a new one which I had within about two weeks. And that was when they were hard to come by.
    Mitch
    :stupidpc:

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Yes, it turned out to be a cracked main board which could have happened any number of ways. Integra replaced both interior boards.Both picture and audio seem to have improved which could be the result of the updated firmware ( I was still running 1.0) or it could be just my imagination and happiness over getting the unit back quickly.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

DrRapp,

I'm a Integra owner myself and was wondering how was the customer service I've never dealt with them other than a few questions concerning updates. Mine is three months old without any issues I love the sound of this unit and the price. Good to know that the customer service is good :T .... I've heard different opinions at AVS Forum.
        Blake

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

From what I understand the failure rates of the 9.8 have been extremely low. Therefore, parts inventory here in the US are high. Parts availability is usually one big reason for TAT delays.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• comeup
            • Jul 2005

My one concern is the heat it puts out, I can't find a fan that's quiet enough for my satisfaction......U know of any?
            Blake

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Mine has never seemed to put out all that much heat by comparison to the Anthem D2. What I did with the D2 was to take a 60mm computer fan that was designed for 12v and run it on a 6v wall wart. This reduces the speed and therefore the amount of air and the amount of noise.
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• gostan
                • May 2003

Mine has never seemed to put out all that much heat by comparison to the Anthem D2. What I did with the D2 was to take a 60mm computer fan that was designed for 12v and run it on a 6v wall wart. This reduces the speed and therefore the amount of air and the amount of noise.
                Jerry, the Anthem D2 has not had any heat issues at all since the change to the updated Gennum GF9350 VXPâ„¢ Digital Image Processor.
                Stan

Comment

• DrJRapp
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gostan
                  Jerry, the Anthem D2 has not had any heat issues at all since the change to the updated Gennum GF9350 VXPâ„¢ Digital Image Processor.

Ah...another country heard from!

Hi Stan

For those of you who here at Club Integra who don't know Stan he is a good friend and a very faithful Anthem Statement D2 owner who is proud of the fact that he spent nearly three times what we did to get a home theater processor who's major strength over the DTC 9.8 is it's slightly superior analog audio, and major weakness is lack of HDMI 1.3 support. I should mention that Anthem is correcting that with an upgrade, the cost of which exceeds the MSRP of the 9.8. :E

Just proves that there is no accounting for taste!...lol
                  Last edited by DrJRapp; 08 October 2008, 22:26 Wednesday.
                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                    • Apr 2005

Hmmm...

Looks like things haven't changed much around here... 8O

I'll check back in 3 months :W

Comment

• DrJRapp
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2003

Andrew...nice of you to drop by. Yes, this thread is a bit sleepy, but the heavy duty Integra talk happens elsewhere.
                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• gostan
                        • May 2003

Ah...another country heard from!

Hi Stan

For those of you who here at Club Integra who don't know Stan he is a good friend and a very faithful Anthem Statement D2 owner who is proud of the fact that he spent nearly three times what we did to get a home theater processor who's major strength over the DTC 9.8 is it's slightly superior analog audio, and major weakness is lack of HDMI 1.3 support. I should mention that Anthem is correcting that with an upgrade, the cost of which exceeds the MSRP of the 9.8. :E

Just proves that there is no accounting for taste!...lol
                        Hi Jerry ;x(

I know that your AV memory cells are beyond compare :W , but I am still not sure that your recollection of the slightly better analog sound of the Anthem D2 SQ from your prior theater room is a fair or reasonable method of comparison to the Integra 9.8 in your new specially built and sound treated home theater room in your new home. I will give you the benefit of the doubt only because we all know that as we go up the price ladder of more expensive components, we all pay a far greater price for a smaller % benefit of returns. For my tastes and wallet, all of the benefits of the D2 were and remain well worth the price investment over the 9.8. And remember that I do take full advantage of the enhanced capabilities of the Gennum VXP video processor, which is imo a step up on the Reon. The Anthem implementation of ARC is masterful, and I am sure that the v2 hdmi 1.3c upgrade along with the dsp upgrade will be as masterfully implemented while I await the Anthem D3 and you await the Integra 10.0 :drool:

And the only item I am missing by not having hdmi 1.3 and decoding in the player is DTS HD Master, but that will be coming soon, whether I decide to upgrade my D2 or not.
                        Stan

Comment

• DrJRapp
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Apr 2003

Hi Jerry ;x(

I know that your AV memory cells are beyond compare :W , but I am still not sure that your recollection of the slightly better analog sound of the Anthem D2 SQ from your prior theater room is a fair or reasonable method of comparison to the Integra 9.8 in your new specially built and sound treated home theater room in your new home.
                          Not my memory Stan...ALMOST ALL the professional reviewers are saying the same thing I am.

HT Magazine rates the 9.8 as the Best Processor for 08 with the Marantz AV8003 as runner up and the D2 as Honorable Mention.
                          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• gostan
                            • May 2003

Not my memory Stan...ALMOST ALL the professional reviewers are saying the same thing I am.

HT Magazine rates the 9.8 as the Best Processor for 08 with the Marantz AV8003 as runner up and the D2 as Honorable Mention.
                            My recollection is that the D2 was originally released in March, 2006 so I guess it is a good thing that it is still being honorably mentioned. :twisted:
                            Stan

Comment

• DrJRapp
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Apr 2003

My recollection is that the D2 was originally released in March, 2006 so I guess it is a good thing that it is still being honorably mentioned. :twisted:
                              That's one way to look at it. Don't get me wrong, the D2 is a great processor and if it were only twice as pricy as the 9.8 it would be a viable contender for a spot in my system. However, in this day and age excessive cost is politically incorrect, perhaps even risky or irresponsible.

Nobody besides myself even noticed when I changed the units from the D2 to the 9.8. And by the way I did have the opportunity to play a D2 and an AVM 50 in my acoustically correct theater, but never to try the 9.8 in my old family room. I didn't find it to be a loss, by the way...especially since the price difference paid for most of my BAT VK31SE and Aragon Palladiums.
                              Last edited by DrJRapp; 11 October 2008, 21:06 Saturday.
                              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• martino
                                • Aug 2004

Andrew...nice of you to drop by. Yes, this thread is a bit sleepy, but the heavy duty Integra talk happens elsewhere.
                                Jerry; where is the heavy duty Integra talk?

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"