X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

DTR 6.8 - Audyssey Problem

Have the 6.8 running in our bedroom at the moment and wanted to play around with the Audyssey room correction.

All works fine as far as I can tell, but the left surround speaker fails to be heard? To my ears, all 5 channels have very similar sounding test tones but the left surround comes up as a fail every time. Have tried moving the microphone to no avail.

Any other users had any issues of this kind with the room correction feature? Hints?
    Last edited by dmcgowan; 18 February 2008, 05:09 Monday. Reason: correct grammar!
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Is it, by any chance, connected to the left rear output?
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Thanks Kal,

I got frustrated last night and just swapped the two surround speakers around (left for right, right for left) AND also realised I had not properly set the back channels. I worked out how to turn them off and one of those two changes was enough for it to work.

Was late before I finished so not sure about any improvements. Bit strange that it thought the sub was 6m away when all speakers in a 3m diameter circle - I might need to play with that tonight.

Assuming it works as well as reported, it's a pretty painless setup once it works ok.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by dmcgowan
        Thanks Kal,

I got frustrated last night and just swapped the two surround speakers around (left for right, right for left) AND also realised I had not properly set the back channels. I worked out how to turn them off and one of those two changes was enough for it to work.
        Great.

Bit strange that it thought the sub was 6m away when all speakers in a 3m diameter circle - I might need to play with that tonight.
        Nope. It is likely that Audyssey is measuring physical distance PLUS the delay due to phase shifts in the filters and to the DSP processing.

Kal
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• dmcgowan
          • Sep 2003

Thanks Kal,

I am still inquisitive about the sub but it will have to wait for the weekend. Hopefully the 9.8 is coming our way soon as well.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"