X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denun
    • Apr 2006

need advice on dtr-10.5

i hope u can help me b4 spend so much money on this receiver

there r difference between onkyo tx-nr1000 and integra dtr-10.5? i mean there are features difference or are really the same?

i can buy onkyo tx-nr1000 @ around 3200$ new from the shop
    and i can buy integra dtr-10.5 demounit @ around 3300$ (fully loaded - 5 months old).
    what do u suggest? that i buy onkyo new or the demounit? ..and why?

Another real problem that i have is that i'll have to go in europe for work (not so soon) and there they use 220v instead 110V, can i bring this unit with me? u know if i can change the power supply?

Really thx for all help u can give me on that.
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Denun,

Welcome the the HT Guide Forum and Club Integra. Thanks for posting here.

Both models you are looking at are fine equipment -- top of the line gear -- and either one would be an outstanding addition to a home theater and music system. Both have almost identical basic features and specifications.

However, since they are also both configurable with optional hardware cards, it is not possible to determine from the information you've given whether the two units are truly comparable all the way up and down the feature list. Therefore an evaluation of the prices is difficult as well, even though the quoted prices are very close.

One other factor is the warranty. If the demo unit does not come with a full factory warranty as if it were a brand new unit, then I'd advise choosing something else.

Since you are planning on moving to Europe, you need to know that the Onkyo and Integra models sold in the US and Canada have Power Supply Rating: AC 120 V, 60 Hz, while the Australian models: AC 230-240 V, 50 Hz. (So they do make 240 V models, they just don't sell them in the US.) You will either need to look into power conversion equipment to convert from 120 V to 240 V or plan on using the receiver here until you move, and then buy equipment overseas that has the correct power supply built in.

Depending on how long you plan to stay overseas, you may or may not want to sell the Onkyo or Integra when you move. If your stay in Europe is not going to be very long, you'd probably want to just get something a lot less expensive over there to "fill in" until you get back. On the other hand, if it is going to be a semi-permanent move, you may be better off getting a "cheapie" here to tide you over until the move and then buy a really nice piece of gear over there to enjoy for the duration of your stay.

Good luck!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Denun
      • Apr 2006

Hi Burke,

thx for the reply

afterall, i bought the demounit coming with full warranty.
      it has all module but the "J" one.

the problem to go in europe it's not so easy, bcose every 5/7 years i have to go there for 2/3 years, and i really can't sell all stuff and buy again every cicle of my work.
      For that reason i try to buy all appliance that works by 110/220.
      This time i have to find another solution for that problem, and i'm worried about, bcose this baby needs 14A (i think should be something around 1300W) and a trasformer so big could be hard to find and even very expensive.

They'r selling this kind of receiver in all the world is possible that is not practicable to go in a dealer store or an expertise and replace only the power supply?

---

btw, what i meant about difference was regarding the features like dsp, upconversion, ...and so on.
      This integra has the same module of onkyo on it (without the BNC-Component module).
      i'm still interested in that kind of information.. you know, i'm not an expert, and i'd like to understand better what i bought so i can grow up on this "hobby" learning something new and not last, i can appreciate better the technology behind it.

thx again for ur help

Comment

• Denun
        • Apr 2006

Burke can u help me there: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...187#post246187 ?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"