X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • headshrinker2
    • Dec 2008

Integra vs Onkyo

Greetings everyone,
    In the process of upgrading my HT system. There are some fabulous deals out there on AV Receivers.

Can anybody advise me on choosing between Integra and Onkyo? I am currently leaning towards purchasing either Integra 6.9 or Onkyo 706.

Thanks in advance.
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Integra is Onkyo's top-o-the-line. Worst thing about them is the speaker binding posts.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I heard an older Integra unit (don't recall the model). It was a receiver setup with B&W 802 across the front and and a set of B&W wall mounted sides.

This was around 2001 or 02 when I heard them. And to this day, I still remember how good the sound was. Though I didn't listen to any music, I did watch about 20 min of Toy Story 2. The scence when they were crossing the street to get to "Al's Toy Barn", was just breathtaking.

My point, I was listening at pretty high levels in a large demo room. The screen was 120" IIRC. Never once did the Integra sound overhelmed. And it was very detailed.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Think of Integra as Lexus to Onkyo's Toyota. You can get a well appointed Toyota that will perform well--but it won't be quite as luxurious as a Lexus. I have an Integra receiver and I chose it over its Onkyo equivalent because it had a few features (and an extra year's warranty) that I felt were worth the extra money. I don't think I would have been disappointed by the Onkyo, but I would have missed one feature in particular--the ability to apply bass management and time alignment to my MCH analogue inputs.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"