X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little man
    • Mar 2006

Rf 50

I am new to this site, I have done searches and found nothing on my question, so here goes. I have just bought a new b&k rf 50. I want to know if any one can give my a straight answer on the notch equalization. I called b&k, they said look at the rf 50 s2 manual. my room is 20 x 20 if that helps. I just want a starting point and what I am looking for with this. Thanks.
  • RenoReno2
    • Jan 2005

pm'd you some info on it

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

WHat the Notch filter does is it tames a group of Freq's in the lower end. It has an adjustable sweep you can test your room with. The output is -30hz. This is great and can really help your room response.

First thing before you sweep your room is properly calibrate the system with an SPL meter. You will also need your SPL meter when setting up the notch filter.

If you need more help on how to do it, let me know and I can walk you.

Dan

Comment

• Little man
        • Mar 2006

I belive I did it right. I use my spl and at the lower freq's I set my spl on 80 and went through the lower hz and flatend out the higher db. I only have one on the ref50 s1, as were the s2 has 3 settings. I belive I have to go through it again. Maybe this time I'll try to inverse the sub to see what that does. Do think I'm going in the right direction.Thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"