X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfire
    • Jan 2005

DTR-10.5/DPS-10.5 Newbie Review

Hey guys!

I'm a newbie here as you can tell by my posts # but I've been quietly following this board for several months now.

Just finished initial hook ups on both 10.5 components, the AV Receiver and Unv. DVD, and all I can say is WOW! What a pair of machines. The receiver is a beast and took all I could manage to carefully lift it into my rack. The DVD player is also the most weighty DVD unit I've ever handled. Very solid.

Both units are working great but I'm something of a novice when it comes to modern connection schemes, and I wonder If I'm duplicating un-necessary wiring when connecting the two. I have connected all the analog audio out jacks -8- as well as used the Ilink digital audio connection (firewire). The manuel's fuzzy if I need to use one or the other and the diagram kinda shows both? Any suggestions?

The only other problem I have is that the remote is very difficult to follow. I'll probably replace it with the new harmony 880 when it becomes available in April.

Thanks for helping me in my buying decision. I really love the receivers various inputs and especially enjoy the net-tune music server connection to my home computers hundreds of songs in my database.

I'm certainly no professional but I'd be happy to help anyone with questions on these components to the best of my meager ability.
  • Krobar
    • Dec 2004

Congrats on your new purchase.

You dont need to connect the analogue connections (Or any other audio connections) if you are using I-link. What is the firmware revision of the DTR-10.5 do you have? (Its in the setup menu, one of the last options, Master and I-Link versions are the important ones)

Comment

• tfire
      • Jan 2005

Thanks Krobar!

My wiring seems to be a work in constant progress... It's a good thing my rack is on wheels.

I've found that the setup menu on the DVD player is quite a bit simpler to navigate than the receiver. But of course I've never had to assign speaker output before...It took me almost a half an hour just to figure out why I wasn't getting any sound out of the speakers!

I'm in my office now. I'll check my firmware version when I get home and get back to you.

Comment

• tfire
        • Jan 2005

Hey Krobar!

Here's the firmware version my unit is running...

Master Version : 1.02
        I-Link Version : 1.01

Are they the most recent versions available? I've seen software from some companies that's already obsolete by the time it ships.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"