• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billnuts
    • Jan 2005

new here and need advice B&K avr 507 s2

Hi, i just ran into this forum while doing research on the b&k avr 507 s2

i started out building my new home theater with a sony 3000es model,

within 2-3 weeks, the upconversion was jittering and failing, the audio was also very low. the volume went from -100 to +20 i would have to turn it to -30 for normal movies and +10 for a (ohh yeah) movie.

when the upconversion failed i sent this 3000es
    back and upgraded to the sony 5000 es model, the volume moved to -40 for movies and -10 for (real good) movies
    and within 3 weeks, i turned it on to click click click, jump and the same upconversion problems, i talked to others and they said to send it to sony to be fixed.

well, being that i only had it for three weeks, i exchanged it for another 5000 es

this time four weeks went by, same failures, jitter, skipping clipping etc.
    i have totally given up on sony, and have looked at other models out there

so now i am looking at the B&K AVR 507 s2

has anyone had any upconversion problems with this unit or ANY problems with this unit before i purchase it?

let me know

bill
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

I have only Installed one and I had no problems with the upconverting.Menu system now comes out Component.

There is a big difference in sound quality and dynamic range going from Sony to B&K.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"