X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joostenjohn60
    • Nov 2004

Onkyo

Hi.
    I was wondering if I owned standard onkyo stuff if i can still post questions and possibly answers on this list. I am a home theatre installer on OZ and I have 3 home theatres in the house one powered by a Tx-DS575 running 5.1 one powered by a TX-SR601 at 6.1 and one running at 7.1 powered by a brand new TX-SR702. I always try to convince my customers to buy Onkyo as I believe it to be not only one of the best but also one of the most user friendly.
    John
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

John -- Welcome to HT Guide and Club Integra.

Feel free to post your questions (and answers) about Onkyo gear here. As long as it isn't a direct sales pitch for your services or equipment in stock, your insights as an installer would be helpful to others. I happen to agree that, overall, Onkyo/Integra/Integra Research products compare very favorably with what else is out there -- IOW, constantly among the best in their price ranges -- and are exceptionally user friendly. (If I didn't feel that way, I'd probably be moderating a different forum) :>) They also tend to have more features that make them very suitable for custom installations.We'll look forward to your participation.

While the focus of this area is on the mid to higher end of what Onkyo sells (Integra and Integra Research), Onkyo is to Integra as Toyota is to Lexus or Honda is to Acura. While there are some important distinctions, the family resemblance is still very strong. Perhaps even more so with Onkyo/Integra/Integra Research than with the cars, since all the Onkyo groups share the same US mailing address and toll free phone number. As for the equipment, the distinctions really gets blurred at the top of the lines, since the feature sets are very similar and upgrade offers have been about the same.

Since you have 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 systems set up, I'd be interested in your observations on the differences in the surround effect between them and maybe some more details as to why you chose each of those configurations. Was it a limitation of the number of channels handled by the specific receivers, a matter of room size and seating arrangement, or more an experiment to find out what the advantages and disadvantages of each configuration might be in a real setup?

Burke
    Last edited by Burke Strickland; 04 November 2004, 17:55 Thursday.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• joostenjohn60
      • Nov 2004

Thanks for the warm welcome I install for a few different stores so there will be no selling of stock. I chose the different formats mainly to investigate the differences between them . I have heard a big difference between 5.1 and 6.1 mainly in movement around the rear of the theatre and pinpointing of effects in the rears but unfortunately there is only limited software available with anything more than 5.1 but thus will change with time.
      The 7.1 is brand new so not much listening done on that one. All the 3 home theatres started out 5.1 and as we upgraded recievers they grew in size. Integra is not as big here yet as in the US .Prices are maybe more here , my new 702 is about $2000.00. It does a lot of cool things for something so well priced.

Comment

• Preacherman
        • Jan 2004

Hello John,
        Welcome aboard. I have a TX-NR801 and a 501. I love them both and will probably have some ?'s for you in the future.
        Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"