X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Parasound Halo C2

I've been mulling over a Pre Amp/Processor for my Home Theater system.

I would like to hear your opinons and experiences with the Halo C2.

I've also been considering the Anthem AVM 30.

Along with 5.1 (which where I'll be starting) I want the ability to expand into 6.1 or 7.1.

I also want to be able to try out 2.1 by applying a subwoofer into 2-channel music.

I want a Pre/Pro that does great in 2-channel, also.

Thanks.
    Tony
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

There's a plethora of info in these threads alone, not to mention all the reviews posted all over the internet and on Parasound's website.

Just to answer your questions, the C2 can do anything from 5.1 to 7.5 to 9.1, so you're covered.

It does great in 2.1 also.

Why the Anthem AVM30? That's not even in the same league.

Comment

• NMyTree
      • May 2004

Originally posted by nicholtl

Why the Anthem AVM30? That's not even in the same league.

I had no idea what league it was in, just seemed like a reliable Pre/Pro :B

But the Halo C2 is becoming more attractive to me :B
      Tony

Comment

• nicholtl
        • Aug 2003

Did you know Fabio, who owns $100,000 speakers and all Krell components, recently switched out his Krell stuff for all Parasound gear? Yup. If Fabio did it, so must we.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

The Halo has great bass resolution and a very clean output signal compared to the past Processors I have experience with. The 2 programmable channels are very useful as nicholti mentioned. The DSP modes are few but very effective and diverse.
          My Center Channel Project

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Fabio? :rofl: I tell you, this Club gets better every day! Hee heee heee.... can't wait till he joins us!
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• NMyTree
              • May 2004

Thanks guys!

Appreciate the input.
              Tony

Comment

• goldear
                • Aug 2003

NMTree. There's also some good threads over at AVS that have some comparisons between the Halo and some pretty good competition. In fact, Brent had a good one on his preference for the Halo over not only the AVM-30..but also the D1. While so much of this is subjective, the Halo stacks up every well against some very big names...and bucks. Of course, the best way is to try it out yourself, but I can tell you that through my journeys (Citation, Proceed, Anthem, Lexicon, Krell) the Parasound had the best combination of what I wanted in both movies and music.
                Chris B

Comment

• nicholtl
                  • Aug 2003

Goldear, where you been all this time??

Comment

• goldear
                    • Aug 2003

Hey, Nich...I have had some medical problems with my son (swallowed a battery that stuck in his esophagus) and now I've been dealing with these damn hurricanes down in Florida. Just too many things going on...but starting to get back to normal.
                    Chris B

Comment

• nicholtl
                      • Aug 2003

Oh gosh...I hope all is well with your son...and best of luck with the situation in Florida. 3 consecutive hurricanes, it's unreal. Thank god it's finally dying down though. Really sucks that crazy sh!t like that can happen to good people.

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Wow, my best wishes, Chris.
                        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                        - Pleasantville

Comment

• goldear
                          • Aug 2003

Thanks, guys. His esophagus is healing from the perforation, but he has strictures (scarring) that narrowed the esophagus...so he's been getting dilations and still has a food tube in his stomach.

A word of advice to all: While he got a hold of a button battery from his "child" thermometer, no smaller than a nickel, I found a similar case where a little girl got a hold of her fathers TV remote and the battery from it did the same thing...and worse, since it had some type of Mercury in it.

I was unaware of just how "deadly" these things are. He was at the hospital 1/2 hour after swallowing it, but it took 8 hours for them to get it out of his throat (long story), and by that time it had leaked and impacted. I have since covered all my remotes so he can't get into any of them. It's been a real nightmare but he's back to acting his normal self despite the ongoing care. If you've got little ones, watch those remotes. Take care.
                          Chris B

Comment

• nicholtl
                            • Aug 2003

Yeah...can't take anything for granted with kids. I remember a few years ago, when my little sister was 2, we had to tape bubble wrap around every single table and cabinet corner so she wouldn't hurt herself.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"