X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netdeveloper
    • Feb 2004

C1 and A51 for sale

I have a sparingly used C1 and A51 for sale. Both these units are EXCELLENT and in "like new" condition.

I would like to find the best place to sell these and also wanted to know how much to expect for these items.

Attached is a picture of this beautiful combo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by netdeveloper; 08 June 2004, 02:16 Tuesday.
  • ralniv
    • Apr 2004

It's a shame you have to sell them. You will probably take a beating on it. Buying hardware like this via a source like ebay is a gamble because a buyer has to assume that they will not have a warranty with the unit. Would you spend $5000+ on hardware that has no warranty and hardware that comes from someone you don't know? IMHO you will need to discount it considerably from the street price.

Comment

• Adz
      • Jan 2004

Post on AVS forum's videogon as well. There is considerably traffic and some very high end items (>20,000 and up) sell all the time.
      Adz

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

ARGH! I think that is just what I am looking for (well more for the amp really) problem is I live in the UK, which is of course an issue - also, this being a relevant query, do you know if these babies work on 240v? Thanks, Paul :T
        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Psound, you're the first guy I've heard about reselling his units. I'm quite curious why you're getting rid of them!

I haven't seen used Parasound equipment sold around, so I really have no idea what you can expect for a price. One question to ask the Parasound company would be if the warranty is transferrable if the equipment is resold. As good as Parasound is for customer service, I would guess that the answer is yes, but you would have to show that you bought the equipment from an authorized dealer. Audiogon would be a good source to try to resell it.

ti33er, I travel to Frankfurt regularly, (I'm there now) but that's as close as I could help you out, I think. The US spec Parasound amplifiers are 110-120V, but can be changed. Here's the verbage from the A51 manual: Changing the A 51's operating voltage involves reqiring internal connections for both its main power transformer and standby power transformer, plus changing fuse values. Since there is a risk of electric shock, voltage changes must be referred to a qualified technician.

The C1 is listed in the manual as 90-260VAC, 50-60 HZ
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• ti33er
            • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• netdeveloper
              • Feb 2004

I bought 2 pairs of controllers and amps from Parasound, so I am planning to sell one of them which will allow me to buy B&W Nautilus speakers. Maybe I should talk to my local dealer and see if I can trade these in for the Nautilus 802s.

Comment

• ti33er
                • Apr 2004

Yeah, Nautilus 802's ROCK!! - that's my next upgrade...my 805's which will move round to the sides! :T

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"