Unfortunately I am forced to sell it all!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin
    • Jun 2006

Unfortunately I am forced to sell it all!

All drivers and X-over parts for the large Dayton 3-Ways

I thank everyone who helped me with my project over the last couple years.
    Unfortunately due to moving for the third time in a year and expenses piling up project overkill has to go.

If anyone is planning on building CJD and Brian Bunges 3-ways and you want all the parts including pre-built x-overs byt the designer himself this is a great deal.

These speakers are my pride and joy and are honestly breaking my heart to sell them. All my friends and anyone who knows me knows my speakers and how much I love to show them off to anyone. :cry: :cry: :cry: ops:

This design introduced me to what speakers are supposed to sound like and are the perfect pair for music or for home theater.

Congratulations to Chris and Brian for building and designing an awesome acoustical experience for anyone lucky enough to build them.

Included in the price is:

Pre built x-overs for each speaker.

2- Supreme Power Binding Post http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...60-314&scqty=4

2- Dayton RS28A-4 1-1/8" Aluminum Dome Tweeter http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=275-130

4- Dayton RS270S-8 10" Reference Shielded Woofer 8 Ohm http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-368

4- Dayton RS180S-8 7" Reference Shielded Woofer 8 Ohm http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-364

All wiring for inside the cabinets.
    All 1/4" cap head bolts for the drivers not including the tweeters.
    Bit for the cap head bolts.
    Whatever extra ptfe wiring I have
    All as youhave to do is supply the cabinet.

Everything for $650.00 USD and I will split shipping with the buyer.

Notes:

I will not sell the everything seperately. I'm sure this won't do me any good but I'd rather try and sell the speakers locally with their cabs. I will try and sell everything locally with the cabs for $1200.00

All drivers screw holes have been enlarged to fit 1/4" bolts except the tweeters.

The crossover boards have pre drilled hole in them to strap or screw them down in the cabinet.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Images not available

Thank you
    Mike

To moderators.
    P.S. I know that there is a for sale section here but was hoping this would be allowed for a few days for exposure to anyone who is interested in building these.
    Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 09:50 Saturday. Reason: Remove broken image links and update htguide url
    Call me "MIKE"
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
    CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
    Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Ping me if you find yourself stuck with these for too long.

The ferry still running? I'm pondering if there's a way to get them to Rochester, see...

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• titch--
      • Nov 2008

Hi Mike

I might be interested in these. Im looking at some new speakers to buy soon and I was looking at this build back around August. I think I even pm'ed you on another forum about them too.

It all depends on what kind of a deal I can get on some other speakers Im looking at right now. I think theyll be alittle bit out of my price range though.

CJD in the sealed cab could these be put back against the wall or would that be a no no?

thanks

Comment

• kingpin
        • Jun 2006

Hey titch.

I think Chris and most would advise against putting these against a wall. If I'm not wrong minimum distance is supposed to be around 16-24". Mine are currently 36" from the back wall and 30" from the side walls and also 30" from the tv.

Stay in touch

Mike
        Call me "MIKE"
        "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
        "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
        CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
        CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
        "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
        Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I think it's generally about 2ft from the front baffle to the rear wall.

Comment

• cjd
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Dec 2004

4-6 inches off the wall works (much less and you can't really wire them up easily) - they do better (as far as staging and such) as you're able to give them more breathing room, and should even hold up out in the middle. The boxes are so big 24" from baffle to wall is pretty much smack up against the wall. :P

C

Comment

• titch--
              • Nov 2008

Thanks guys for the replys.

I know ported wouldnt be good against the wall like that, but I thought sealed might be ok.

Its just I was going to redo my screen wall and change it around abit, but I have some ideas rolling around upstairs here that would work better if I were to go this way.

EDIT: Forgot to ask. With the 270's these speakers should have some mid bass drive/punch to them, no?

cheers

Comment

• ---k---
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2005

I've listened to these speakers up at CJD's place. They very much faithfully reproduce what is on the CD. They have plenty of bass punch and extension.

But, I have to tell you, when people talking about needing more mid bass and punch, I get the impression that they are looking for the unnatural sound found in clubs and cars.
                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• cjd
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Dec 2004

Ok, Ryan's eyes have bugged out watching the woofers on these... I've a couple demo tracks that are good for shaking the floor and making the woofers work overtime.

They're good into the 30Hz range placed ~3 feet from baffle to wall.

What they're not is even remotely close to boomy. This is a much lower Q alignment than most people are used to hearing (who wants a box THIS big and SEALED? I mean, really! )

I'm immensely picky about my bass though. And I very much like it. (I've had fun listening to an organ concerto sitting inside my IB manifold... granted, the sound wasn't as balanced then but... )

Comment

• thadman
                    • Jan 2007

PM sent

Comment

• ---k---
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005

Yeah, these have plenty of bass potential. I was impressed. And, as we saw in the other recent bass bin thread, 2-RS270s have more output capability than a single RS15" Sub.

Still not going to get that club sound from them. But, I guess Mike isn't selling the cabniets (unless someone wants local pickup), so who ever buys them can build them such that the bass does whatever they want. Build a much shorter box and or port to taste. DIY.
                      - Ryan

Comment

• titch--
                        • Nov 2008

Im not looking for the club/car bass at all. Far from it. I would be crossing it over in the 60-80 area to the IB.

Mike what would we be looking at for shipping to Regina (S4N 6M3)?

Could I give you a call so we can work something out?

thanks

Comment

• cjd
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by titch--
                          Im not looking for the club/car bass at all. Far from it. I would be crossing it over in the 60-80 area to the IB.
                          No no, you'd be looking to cross 50-60Hz to the IB.

Comment

• titch--
                            • Nov 2008

I could do that too. We'll have to see once I'd get them up and running to see what sounds the best to me.

Im also looking to make a third for a center. What do you think would be the best matching surrounds for these? I was looking at these.

What is the location of the drivers on the baffle.It looks like the tweeter is off center ? http://www.audioheuristics.org/projects_gallery/RS225_RS28A_updates/dayton_reference_rs225.htm The XO's are between 100.00 and 118.00 each using dayton caps Jzanten coils and 10watt resistors I'm going to have my cabinet guy make

cheers
                            Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 09:51 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• cjd
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Dec 2004

What, you're not going with a matching 7.1 setup?!

The RS225 TM's should be a great match.

Comment

• ---k---
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Nov 2005

No. One of these would be the best match: https://htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11873

:P

Okay, joking aside. The one you linked to with CJD's version of the crossover would work. Wasn't Brian Bunge selling one??? Check with him. Or the Khancenter would work if you size limited by the first one.

Edit: Oops, I thought you said center, not surround. And it looks like CJD and I were racing to make the same joke. He beat me by seconds! Doh!
                                Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 09:51 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide url
                                - Ryan

Comment

• titch--
                                  • Nov 2008

Nice guys.

I think Im all desided then. Just need Mike to get back to me. :T

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"