X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Halo Internal pictures

In following review they have some interesting internal pictures of the A51 and C2. Its in norwegian, so I can't read it

Parasound A51

Parasound C2

• P-Stone
    • Feb 2004

Its in norwegian, so I can't read it
    I can...

P..

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

P-stone: And................??????

Don't leave us hanging, dude. A bit translated?

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
        • Aug 2003

Wow, so that big red block of cheese is what weighs 80lbs and almost broke my back?!

Comment

• P-Stone
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
          P-stone: And................??????

Don't leave us hanging, dude. A bit translated?
          Well, here is the conclusion :

Parasound HALO C2/A51 has been an incredible experience. The combo plays amazingly detailed with a smooth mid-range and crystal clear top. But, it is the bass that impresses the most. With power in abundance, the A51 manages even difficult speakers as the B&W Nautilus series.

With its automatic speaker-calibration, the C2 achieves a completely homogenous sound picture in 5.1 channels. This is especially the case with the rear-channels and subwoofer, that are often difficult to calibrate well. The rear-channels just slides in, almost unnoticed, and creates a lot of atmosphere without being pushing or importunate.

With all the advanced options for tuning and programming, you will get optimal conditions even in very large rooms. Especially if you can afford an extra set of rear speakers, surround speakers, and maybe an extra subwoofer. I dear not think of the final cost.

I almost forgot the balanced analog input and the completely analog 7.1 input. The C2 is actually a very good analog pre-amplifier too, so it is possible to get the best from both 2-channel and multi-channel in any thinkable format.

Needless to say, the reviewer just loved this combo... 8)

P..

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Thanks p-stone!

I've yet to find a review thats very negative about the combo. Sure, you will always find a few less positive points (nothing is perfect), but everybody seems to be enthousiastic. Well... I agree!

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Thanks for the translation, P-Stone! I too haven't seen a single negative review of any Halo equipment, out of maybe 20+ reviews that I've read.

Originally posted by P-Stone
              With all the advanced options for tuning and programming, you will get optimal conditions even in very large rooms. Especially if you can afford an extra set of rear speakers, surround speakers, and maybe an extra subwoofer. I dear not think of the final cost.
              I thought this paragraph was funny, because it's true. When you add the CAPABILITY of extra stuff like tactile tranducers, ceiling speakers, a zone system, 2nd subwoofer, etc, you end up wanting to use the capability. Me, I'm using all those capabilities except for the celing speaker. (we'll have to see if I add that one in the future) Half of why I'm using those are just because the C1 can, and the other half is that I bought the C1 BECAUSE I had those things and needed something that could handle all of them.

CHRIS
              Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Jariten
                • Jun 2000

:?:

Okay...
                WHY oh WHY do they stil use dem crappy connectors in the amps?
                I have an HCA-2205A, and one day...I started to hear something strange...and when I slightly tapped on th etop of the amp..it would go away....

Since then....I have removed ALL the crappy connectors and soldered directly to the PCB...

Ok here in Japan we have High humidity...and the el cheapo connectors oxydate very easily.

The interior picture of the amp above is VERY similar to the HCA-2205A.
                anyway..just my 2cents...
                (yeah I know..I voided the warranty...but ..so what ^_^;;
                Since I've had 0 problems.I also upgraded to some capacitors and resistors ...tweaks from another forum....
                I also replaced the output cables.
                AND the AC cord.
                DOes it sound better ? to me ..yes...
                Muuch better...especially no more buzzing sound caused by loose contacts.

*grin*

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"