X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Stone
    • Feb 2004

Halo and Pronto

Anyone tried Halo with the Pronto Pro or iPronto?

I searched remotecentral.com, but I could not find any ccf's for Halo.

P..
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Shouldn't be a problem, since you can just let your pronto learn the codes through the Parasound remotes.

With the Halo C1 and C2 you get a customized MX700, which is easy to use I think (but difficult to program).

I used to have a pronto, but sold it since I find the screen annoyingly slow and prefer hard buttons (a lot easier when its a bit dark).

Comment

• Allen M
      • Jan 2004

I've been using the Pronto NG for about the past 2 months and have found
      that its a huge improvement over previous versions.

Didn't have any trouble learning the C2 IR codes. The only thing I would recomend is making sure the room is really dark when learning the codes. For some reason (Philips Tech Support has confirmed this) the Pronto dosn't learn well in even a moderately lite room.

I actually set up the Pronto and Theatermaster and then let my wife try both. Although she liked the Theatermaster's hard bottons, she found the Pronto much easier to operate (meaning I get less calls at work when she wants to watch a DVD).

If you want I can send you the ccf file which is an adaptation of a file located at remotecentral.com

Allen

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

CCF's from Pronto NG and the Pronto Pro are not interchangeable I think.

Indeed do the learning of your pronto in the dark.

Comment

• Allen M
          • Jan 2004

Your 100% correct. I think the key thing is that the Pronto NG works pretty darn good with my C2.

From Remotecentral.com FAQs:

The Pronto family now has four different types of files, most not compatible with each other:

CCF: Black & while and color files for the original Philips Pronto TS-1000, TSU2000, SBC-RU890 and SBC-RU940; the Philips ProntoPro TSU6000 and SBC-RU970; the Marantz RC5000, RC5000i, RC5200 and RC9200; the Onkyo CHAD USR-5RF and Yamaha RAV-2000. No other file format can be loaded into CCF editing programs. Uses standard Pronto hex codes.

ICF: New large-screen color file format for the Philips iPronto TSi6400 remote control/EPG/web browser. ICF editing software can also load classic CCF files.

NCF: Black & white files for the Philips ProntoNEO TSU500 and SBC-RU930. No other file format can be loaded into NCF editing programs. Does not use standard Pronto hex codes.

PCF: 16-shade Black & white files for the Philips Pronto NG TSU3000 and SBC-RU950. PCF editing software can also load classic CCF files. Can use standard Pronto hex codes.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"