X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Stone
    • Feb 2004

Halo - Where to buy

Hi,
    I see that several of you european guys have got your Halo's from USA. I have tried finding US dealers that will ship internationally, but without much luck.

Any suggestions?

I have allready got the A51, now I am looking for a C1 or C2.

P..
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by P-Stone
    Hi,
    I see that several of you european guys have got your Halo's from USA. I have tried finding US dealers that will ship internationally, but without much luck.

Any suggestions?

I have allready got the A51, now I am looking for a C1 or C2.

P..
    www.audioadvisor.com ships internationally. I purchased some cables from them.

However, I strongly suggest being careful with buying Parasound abroad. Parasound has *NO* international warranty, which means that if your Parasound breaks down it has to return to the dealer at which you have bought it (or to the distributor in the country you bought it). So your unit will have to be shipped back to the USA in case you want to claim warranty. This will prove expensive, since you'll have to pay for shipping costs both ways and probably pay taxes again when getting it back.

I do not know the Norwegian prices, but in The Netherlands it is not a lot cheaper to import. It maybe a few 100 dollar, but thats not worth the trouble.

Also, there is the power issue. America uses 110 volts and 60 Hz. Europe uses 230 volts and 50 Hz. Parasound equipment can be modified for different voltages, but this must be done by a certified technician.

Comment

• P-Stone
      • Feb 2004

Well, in Norway a C2 costs over $7000, so I think it will be worth the risk. I could almost buy two C2's for that price.

America uses 110 volts and 60 Hz. Europe uses 230 volts and 50 Hz.
      I was under the impression that Halo can take both 110V and 220V without any modifications.

The US User manual says:
      Power Requirements
      90 V to 260 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 65 watts

P..

Comment

• P-Stone
        • Feb 2004

in The Netherlands it is not a lot cheaper to import
        Maybe there are some european dealers who ships to Norway? Anyone knows?

P..

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

The C2 costs 5250 euro here. Dont know if dealers ship internationally.

Comment

• P-Stone
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Scarp
            The C2 costs 5250 euro here. Dont know if dealers ship internationally.
            Well, 5250 euro = $6300.
            List price for C2 in USA is $4000, and it is possible to get it for around $3000. So there is a lot to save from buying it from the US.

P..

Comment

• P-Stone
              • Feb 2004

America uses 110 volts and 60 Hz. Europe uses 230 volts and 50 Hz
              I adressed this question to Parasound. Here is the answer :
              The unit will work fine in Norway; you'll only need to change the AC
              cord for the correct type plug.
              So, there you have it...

P..

Comment

• Rags
                • Aug 2003

I would definately consider going down the import route. I did and wound up buying a C2 and A51 for under 60% of the UK list price. (and thats after paying for shipping, insurance and approx 20% import taxes).

The only issue is that the warrantly as mentioned previously is only valid in the States but to be honest who cares as -

1. Power amps rarely have serious problems and worst I have seen is a blown fuse that can easily be replaced.

2. The C2 doesnt weigh much and can easily be shipped back to your dealer for not much money. For example to ship over my A51 and C2 door to door cost $180 including insurance and it was delivered in 3 working days. The A51 amp weighs a ton and must have made up the bulk of this cost. Also Parasound is pretty good in helping out over the telephone (for example they recently emailed me the latest software version).

3. Even as a worst case scenario if you have to pay for a local repair given the huge savings you initially made such costs are likely to be small fry in comparison.

To ship them over is pretty safe as the packaging is very good.

As mentioned previously the C2 is multivoltage out of the box so no issues there. If you also want an amp then your US dealer has to specfy your voltage to Parasound who will make the modifications to the unit before sending it to the dealer (at no extra cost I hasten to add as apparently it's a relatively minor change and all that is needed is a couple of new fuses). Also if the dealer specifies they are being exported Parasound also give it a second once over to make sure everything is working as it should.

Comment

• P-Stone
                  • Feb 2004

Rags,
                  Thanks for the excellent info.

What dealer did you use?

P..

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"