X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Rack o' Parasound

Hi,

Just wanted to share these pictures from someone from another forum.
    He has a rack full of Parasound:
    Parasound C2
    Parasound A51
    2x Parasound JC 1

This powers one pair of B&W N802's, one pair of N803's and an HTM1.

Pics:

(photo's put here with permission of owner)
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Oh, baby... yeah. :banana: Very pretty. I find it interesting, that since he is obviously geared more towards high-end audio, buying TWO JC-1's, he chose to go with the C2, and is also using unbalanced connections. (not that the C1 is a huge step up over the C2 or anything, it's just that I've usually found so far that high-end people end up springing for the C1 with the extra few gadgets)

I also noticed that he doesn't appear to be using the C2 for video switching at all, only an S-video out. I would assume he runs the video direct from the sources to the monitor.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Chris, he just uses a widescreen TV now, with a direct (euro)Scart connection from the Pioneer 757ai dvd player. Its quite useless to run the video connections through the pre/pro. I also never did that. Also running direct connections will always give the best result! (unless there is some deinterlaces or so in your pre/pro). Unless you got more video sources than your displaying equipment can handle, there seems no reason to connect it through a pre/pro.

Previously he had a top model integrated amplifier (surround) from Pioneer btw. This was exchanged by the C2. The C1 only adds the screen (and one component output which isnt used anyway), so why spend money on that while you can spend the money better on cables which you will hear more. If you are geared towards sound, the the C2 is currently the choice to have, bcoz the 2000 dollar you save you spend on cables or other stuff

Btw... I did hear that the C1 will get automated Room Correction, its unknown if the C2 will get that (although the two units are the same inside).

Wrt to unbalanced... there are many who do not believe balanced will add anything. In fact the C2 isn't fully balanced and differential build, so there is no benefit there. This was confirmed by Richard Schram also. The only benefit balanced will give you is better and more firm connectors, the possibility to run longer cables without problems of interference, it gives higher gain, no extra noise with crowded racks with lots of cables.

Personally I think running unbalanced with good quality cables will give you much the same as unbalanced.

However I like the way the C2 has the balanced connection next to eachother, giving more room for the cables. So I will buy some balanced cables for my equipment.

Comment

• Whistler
        • Aug 2003

I think he didn't thought about going balanced at the time he bought the cables.

@ Scarp

Or was it because the Pioneer has no balanced outputs, he used the A51 with the Pioneer before he got the C2.

You can allways go balanced afterwards if it's a big improvement .

The Mainframe
        The Mainframe

Comment

• Whistler
          • Aug 2003

I have the same problem, it's no use when I buy the KS 1030 because when I receive my C1 or C2 "next summer :cry: " I prefer using the balanced out- and inputs.

That's why I bought the Hero, I can allways use them afterwards for SACD .

The Mainframe
          The Mainframe

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Yup, you are right. He had the cables before the upgrade to the C2 and the JC-1's, so now has unbalanced.

I will use balanced myself too

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"