X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Parasound website changes

Nothing too big that I'm seeing yet, but surfing through the Parasound website today, I saw that they've posted some new pictures. Hmmmm... could this signal that new updates/hardware/products are about to come out? Dare we get our hopes up?

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • goldear
    • Aug 2003

Hey Chris.

I've been out of the loop for a while and wondered if you had talked to Richard about DPL2X lately? When I talked to him several months ago, he stated that DPL2x was probably going to be a simple software/flash upgrade. I'm noticing that some of the other units that are using the older Motorola 56367 may be having some problems writing the codes for IIx...especially if they modified these DSPs for other functions (such as Anthem and perhaps Parasound). It appears from the manual that this shouldn't be that big of a deal regardless since it states that the custom DSP engine is replaceable...but I was wondering if you or anyone else has heard anything. Thanks.
    Chris B

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Nope, sure haven't, Chris. I'm just about done with my very, very long military trips and am headed home soon, so I need to be doing some contacting with Parasound anyway. I'll do some talking with them over the next few weeks, and then let you know what I find out.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Well, it looks like the website is just getting a facelift right now, with a few new pictures and words. One thing on the Halo page that I don't think was there before, in these exact words:

During 2002 the HALO series will grow to include the world's most sophisticated surround sound controllers, multi-channel amplifiers and disc players. As information is available on these new components, it will be seen here first.
        Interesting that they say that Halo WILL have disc players. If I check my calendar, though, 2002 was two years ago.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Well, lookie here. More website changes. This time the text on the Halo pages have changed, with a message from Richard Schram. Hmmm...

PARASOUND: Since 1981 our name has been synonymous with rock-solid reliability, amazing sound quality and unequaled value. Building on this reputation we have created an ambitious new line of components, HALO by Parasound. This exciting series brings you the highest level of refinement, performance, and distinctive design.

Halo components have earned the highest praise from top magazine reviewers and critics across the globe. The striking industrial design of these products was given the prestigious Good Design Award from the Chicago Athenaeum, and our remarkable JC 1 power amplifier was crowned Amplifier of the Year by Stereophile magazine - a significant honor which until now was bestowed only upon products at vastly higher prices.

Every review has praised Halo's unprecedented level of accuracy, solid performance, flexibility, ease of operation, and exceptional value. The reviews affirm one of our fundamental objectives: to give you more for your money than any other product available.

Please take your time and learn about each of these exciting models by clicking on the links in the gray menu bar above. This website will be updated from time to time, and when there is new information about Halo developments - and honors - it will be available here first.

The images on your computer screen can only hint at the impact of this remarkable new series of audio components. You will have to see and hear them for yourself.

We look forward to having you join the Parasound family.

Sincerely,

Richard Schram
          President
          Parasound Products, Inc.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

and our remarkable JC 1 power amplifier was crowned Amplifier of the Year by Stereophile magazine - a significant honor which until now was bestowed only upon products at vastly higher prices
            Isn't that the truth! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"