X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Upgraded to Parasound.

Got my Parasound A51 last tuesday, so just wanna share some pics with you guys.

I traded in a Rotel RB1090 (stereo) amp for the 5 channel parasound. This is a major upgrade since I find the parasound to perform better in stereo than the Rotel (which is 2x360 watt and dual transformers). Besides that I needed a multi channel amp for my center and surrounds, so the best thing was to get this parasound.

The box it come in ... huge box.

Hey, another box inside.

There it is. I heard the C1 en C2 come in velvet bags, but the amps not ... but well This thing is big (not so big in height, since the rotel was a lot higher, but in depth and width its huge.

A view of the back. As other people mentioned its a big tight there.

So, now its in my Finite Element Spider rack. Good thing I got the biggest level area type, since the amp will just about hit the back of the rack this way.

It on ... nice nice

Glow in the dark !

Btw.. I will keep the Rotel pre/pro, since I find that the extra money the C2 costs isn't worth the tiny bit sound improvement (actually none). So for now, I stick to it. Maybe in the future I'll upgrade because the of possibility of using balanced (if you got, then use it ) and the looks harmonization of my equipment rack
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Congratulations Rolf, she's beautiful!!! :T I know you'll have many years of excellent listening with the A-51.

Oh well, someday. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Wow, congratulations, Scarp! :banana: Great pics... not many people really understand when I tell them how wow'ed I am by the overall size and weight of the A51. I think you'll be very, very happy with the combo of the 1098 and the A51. Truly bridging the two forums of Club Rotel and Club Parasound! So far, you're the only person I know of with that combo. You'll have to let us know how that combo turns out.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
        • Aug 2003

Very nice! Yeah, I don't think I know anyone else either with the rotel prepro/parasound amp combo either. But I'm sure it sounds slick! One thing I've noticed is that Parasound amps seem much smaller than alot of other amp makes - krell, rotel, aragon just to name a few. Wonder why that is?

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Some more pictures. The parasound is not that high, but its very deep and wide. More wide than my Rotel equipement.
          The combination Rotel/Parasound came about because of changing ideas and wishes. I started with Onkyo, went to Rotel and switched for amps to Parasound. If I had to buy a pre/pro now, it would definitly be the C2 of parasound, mostly because of balanced inputs/outputs and the looks.

However I will keep with the Rotel. its cheaper than the C2 and sounds just as good and offers more or less the same features

Comment

• nicholtl
            • Aug 2003

Scarp - besides having good taste in electronic equipment, I think you also have a hidden talent for photography. Alot of people post pics of their equipment, but not many make me go "whoa." Most notably, the 2nd, 4th, and 5th pics.

The 2nd - great angle, makes your gear appear to loom and overwhelm you in a tower of power.

The 4th - not sure if the shallow depth-of-focus was intentional, but it sure gives the picture a very moderist feel.

The 5th - Very electric and somehow you managed to capture ugly wires in a way that they look interesting and well, not ugly. Perhaps it's the way they bend out in so many directions. The blue light (sunlight) behind your gear adds to it as well.

Anyways, I'm not a dork with no life or anything (maybe...), but your photos impressed me so much I just had to comment.

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

Hehe ... thanks. Its just shot from a simple point and shoot HP digital camera The idea for the shots from the floor and up I got from someone else, it works very well on this rack but also for speakers

The out of focus was unintentional.
              The cables I always find interesting to see. I think there should be more shots of peoples cables messes, especially when people for tons of equipment hooked up to eachother. I still want to see a pic of the back a fully hooked up pre/pro

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Outstanding set-up!!!!
                Congrats!
                Also, I just absolutely love that rack!!!
                Good Stuff!!:T

Trevor
                My HomeTheater S.E.
                Sonically Enhanced
                C5
                Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"