X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nucky
    • Jun 2011

p7 & c2

Will the parasound p7 sound alot better than the parasound c2 processor for two channel analog and 5.1 analog with oppo 95 blu ray player.
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It will eliminate one AD and one DA conversion, so yes, the difference is night and day. You move from 3 lossy conversions to just one lossy conversion.

Whether you can hear it or not is another issue... However, since you opted to pay the double for the 95 instead of getting the 93, then the logical choice is to go with a P7.

Comment

• nucky
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
      It will eliminate one AD and one DA conversion, so yes, the difference is night and day. You move from 3 lossy conversions to just one lossy conversion.

Whether you can hear it or not is another issue... However, since you opted to pay the double for the 95 instead of getting the 93, then the logical choice is to go with a P7.

I thought the C2 had 7.1 pure analogue bypass. so no DA- AD conversion

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

That's right. It does have an analog bypass. Not so sure about the "pure" though. I think that's what the P7 is all about

Comment

• nucky
          • Jun 2011

That's right. It does have an analog bypass. Not so sure about the "pure" though. I think that's what the P7 is all about
          ok thanks :T

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I would get the P7, unless you can get a C2 for less. Also note that the analog bypass only works with the balanced (XLR) on the C2, but if your amps have balanced connectors you're probably going to use that anyway...

Comment

• nucky
              • Jun 2011

I would get the P7, unless you can get a C2 for less. Also note that the analog bypass only works with the balanced (XLR) on the C2, but if your amps have balanced connectors you're probably going to use that anyway...
              the C2 works with the 7.1 analogue inputs for bypass as well

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by nucky
                the C2 works with the 7.1 analogue inputs for bypass as well
                The C2 bypass only works with the balanced analogue (XLR/Cannon connectors). It does not work for the unbalanced analogue (RCA/Phono connectors). So if you wish to use the C2, you need to make sure your connections are all XLR, also on the amplifier side. No RCA plugs. It won't work.

Also, I'm pretty sure the C2 bypass only passes through LEFT+RIGHT channels, not all channels. That's why the P7 is the better choice.

Comment

• cameronl
                  • Jul 2004

The C2 defiently has 7.1 Analogue bypass for RCA

hi, the C2 has analogue bypass on the following

XLR L & R
                  RCA 7.1 input

This is a fact.

thanks

CaM

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"