X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

2100 preamp

I have a 2.1 bedroom setup. I have been using an Outlaw RR2150 receiver until now. There have been some issues and it is going in for repair. I purchased a pre owned 2100 to compare because there were a few things I was not happy about the Outlaw in addition to the malfunction it currently has.

I am using with a Emotiva BPA-1 right now which sounds nice but an amp upgrade is definitely on the list. The overall function of the 2100 just seems much more solid. It has discreet On and Off instead of power toggle in the Outlaw. The volume control is sooo much smoother. I even backed the amp level off a little and I get great easy control. The sound is clean and great. The sub crossover seems to work well but the highpass 80Hz outputs did not sound right at all. The crossover must have been much higher. I just ended running the full range outputs which sounds excellent. This is one thing that is better in the Outlaw is the crossover section but not a biggie. Also the 2100 has more inputs which I needed.

As much as I love the Outlaw I may sell it when it comes back once I have confirmed it is fixed. It is a great piece and sounds excellent but I am just liking this Parasound better for my setup.
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"