X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig Simon
    • Jul 2005

Can I Do This With My C1?

I have a home theater set-up with the C1 and A51. I would like to run a second system in an adjoining room for SACD surround audio with an old Parasound HCA-806A multichannel amp and my five Rogers LS3/5As!

Can i hook up the balanced outputs of the C1 to the A51 for home theater and, simultaneously, the unbalanced outputs to the HCA-806A feeding the Rogers and just turn on the appropriate amp when needed?

Or, as usual, am I crazy? :-)

PS I have another two channel audio room.

Thanks,

Craig Simon
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Craig- You know, this question has come up before, and I don't think anybody actually tried it out. But yeah, it should work, as I think the balanced and unbalanced outputs are always on. (by comparison, those who use the balanced outputs often don't have a sub with XLR jacks, and therefore use the unbalanced sub output)

As I think you recognize, the issues you'd deal with are that you wouldn't be able to play different material simultaneously in both rooms, the single volume control would affect both rooms at the same time if both are on, (but the balanced output room would be louder with the additional gain) and you'd have to work on a remote control solution from the room without the equipment.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Craig Simon
      • Jul 2005

Can I Do This With My C1?

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Ah, the subs. Didn't think of that.

I wouldn't be playing movies/music simultaneously in the two rooms. I would just turn on the particular amp I was using so there wouldn't be any sound coming from the other room.

I'll give it a go and see how it works. I was just concerned I might damage the C1 by having multiple amplifiers hooked to it.

Thanks again.

Craig

Comment

• Dave0604
        • Jul 2003

Craig,

You should be fine. I have balanced connections from my C2 for all seven channels to an A51 and A21, and also use the left front, right front and center unbalanced outputs to Definitive speakers with powered subs. Everything works fine.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"