X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee-M
    • Feb 2003

Using balanced outputs...

The Anthem AVM20 is on the very short list of processors I am looking at to supply my Rotel RMB-1095 5-channel amp...
    Can anyone attest to a significant enough difference in sound quality by using the balanced (XLR) outputs on the Anthem as opposed to the regular RCA?

(Signature pending)
  • Evan Scussel
    • Jan 2003

Lee, I have tried both RCA and balanced connections.

I'll be honest, I cannot tell a significant difference between the two for short cable runs, nor should you. The sound differences are supposedly only attributable to long cable runs, probably for multi-zone applications.

Where I can attest to the benefits of balanced cabling in my setup is with the ease of attaching balanced cables as opposed to RCA. The RCA jacks are quite close together for hook up and getting them in and out of the jacks becomes problematic if you are constantly tweeking cables or moving your setup. Using balanced cables really makes it easier to remove and reattach the cables if you move your system from room to room or attempt to get at the back of your processor for any other reason.

Still searching for that elusive "perfect" sound.
    Still searching for that elusive "perfect" sound.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"