X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Parasound and next week's CEDIA 2008

Well, it's that time of year again. I'm about to head out the door for the CEDIA Expo. Parasound is definitely one of the vendors that I'm going to be spending time at, and will be grabbing whatever info they have, and taking pictures of demo units on display.

What questions would you guys like me to ask at CEDIA? What more do you want to know about the three new processors/receivers about to come out? More info you want about certain products? Future plans?

Perhaps most importantly, any feedback that you'd like me to funnel to the company secondhand? (won't be as powerful as you contacting the company directly, though)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • hamtor
    • Sep 2004

Can you ask them about a high end cd-player in the JCx-line?

Comment

• mikepinkerton
      • Jun 2004

How about asking for a DVD/BluRay/SACD player?

Pictures of the new prepros?

-Mike

Comment

• pichonCalavera
        • Apr 2008

Are there more plans for the Zcustom line?

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Will ask all of these. Time's getting close--anybody else?
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• brodricj
            • Aug 2008

Yeah, just ask them to do some more firmware development for C1/C2. There's only been one update in all the years since it was released. Even something as simple as a 2 stage mute should be do-able with firmware. Push the mute button once and you get -10 dB, push it again you get -40 dB. You could even have the -dB amounts you wanted as editable values in Halo setup. I'd also like to see the choice of automatic surround mode changes disabled in Halo setup. My C2 has a VERY ANNOYING HABIT of changing to a 5.1 or 7.1 surround mode when the input source signal type changes. I want to be able to "lock" it into a 2 channel mode without it changing on me when not asked. This is so annoying!! I did ask RS to do this years ago, and he said it was a good idea, but it never eventuated. I'd also like a module written to run C1/C2 natively in Prontoscript for ProntPro. Just like what Kaleidescape do for their K-players and music servers. K also support modules for Crestron, AMX and others. C1 and C2 are still in the current product line-up but Parasound seems to have abandoned us owners long ago in-so-far as new features and upgradeable hardware.

Comment

• Vince Helm
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by brodricj
              but Parasound seems to have abandoned us owners long ago in-so-far as new features and upgradeable hardware.

Man, I do feel your pain on this one. :nutkick:

Vince

Great service team at Parasound :T

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Just to point out, guys, we do have a "Wish List" that is a sticky thread at the top of the club here. You can put any requests you want in there, for products, updates, and service. We do get visibility!
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Vince Helm
                  • Mar 2006

WOW! Parasound Web Site - C2 has been moved to the "Discontinued" section as well as the D3. C1 is still "current". AA has the C2 "A-stock" on sale for 3,499.00.

VH

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by brodricj
                    Yeah, just ask them to do some more firmware development for C1/C2.
                    I wonder if Parasound wrote any of the firmware? I doubt it. The software was probably written by Vinci Labs and customized by Parasound. I doubt Parasound has their own programmer capable of enhancing the C1/C2 code (other than doing trivial customization allowed within the scope of the Titan software platform).

Something to ask Parasound about maybe...

Peter

Comment

• brodricj
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Vince Helm
                      WOW! Parasound Web Site - C2 has been moved to the "Discontinued" section as well as the D3. ..
                      I'm guessing because the last of the inventory of C2 has been sent to AA for disposal and they don't want to do another C2 production run prior to the new Halo C.hd being released.

Edit: Fat chance of any new firmware or features for C2 given it's now a discontinued product.
                      Last edited by brodricj; 04 September 2008, 05:00 Thursday.

Comment

• MarkStega
                        • Oct 2003

I won't give details since I don't think anything has been press released yet, but after visiting the Parasound booth at CEDIA today I believe we will see some happy faces in those interested in both the Classic & the Halo lines.
                        Mark Stega

Comment

• brodricj
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chris D
                          Just to point out, guys, we do have a "Wish List" that is a sticky thread at the top of the club here. You can put any requests you want in there, for products, updates, and service. We do get visibility!
                          Out of curiosity, of everything that's mentioned in the "Wish List", which I note has been up for well over 4 years, how many have made it through to product?

One other thing to ask Parasound at CEDIA (and this one is in the Wish List), can they make one of the 12v triggers on C1/C2 activate when a surround mode is selected? This should be do-able in Halo setup and firmware.

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

(answers are closer than you think)
                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Okay, just about the last chance to chime in with your questions for CEDIA 2008. Last day is Sunday, for me to ask Richard and the fellas your questions in person. Ask away!
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"