X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

CEDIA: Classe CT

I heard that Classe has announced a new line at Cedia called: Classe CT. The only information I've been able to get at this point is that it is designed for custom installers, is rack-mountable and due out next spring.

more pictures.. . courtesy of engadget.

found 2 more pics from the show:

Attached Files
    Last edited by sikoniko; 07 September 2008, 10:43 Sunday.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • Alpha231
    • May 2008

That is correct... there are no current changes or additions to the Classe Delta series other than the SSP-800...

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I have searched high and low and finally came up with a picture:

Custom Theater System is the name Classé is giving a new series of rack-mount amps coming in spring. They include a 10-channel pre-pro, 300-watt Class AB monoblock, 600-watt Class AB monoblock, 300-watt Class AB stereo amp, and surround amp with 200 watts times five.
      Attached Files

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I think they need a surround amp that is 5x100w. Most people won't need 200W to their surround speakers.

Comment

• sc2
          • Feb 2008

I would say it has something to do with these baby's! :T

Steve

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

That whole CT line is great from B&W, and now also from Classe. The 600 watt mono is just what you guys need for your 800Ds too!

That's a very good looking rack system as well.

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by sikoniko
              I think they need a surround amp that is 5x100w. Most people won't need 200W to their surround speakers.
              Actually, the more I thought about it, a 4x100w would be more appropriate. So one channel is not left unused and potentially would cost less as well.

Comment

• sikoniko
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by beden1
                That whole CT line is great from B&W, and now also from Classe. The 600 watt mono is just what you guys need for your 800Ds too!
                It looks to me like B&W is attempting to aline Classe and Rotel with themselves in the product offerings. It makes sense.

That's a very good looking rack system as well.
                Ya, my stuff is in the rack. wish i could swap out my SSP-800 for one of these. I doubt there is any difference, other than form-factor.

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                  It looks to me like B&W is attempting to aline Classe and Rotel with themselves in the product offerings. It makes sense.

Ya, my stuff is in the rack. wish i could swap out my SSP-800 for one of these. I doubt there is any difference, other than form-factor.
                  Unfortunately, you'd also have to swap out your Delta amp for it to make any sense.

I love that manufacturers develop new products, but it is so frustrating when they come out with stuff like this, that you would have probably opted for in the first place.

That's why McIntosh makes a lot of sense with their brand image continuity.

Comment

• sikoniko
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

Unfortunately, you'd also have to swap out your Delta amp for it to make any sense.

I love that manufacturers develop new products, but it is so frustrating when they come out with stuff like this, that you would have probably opted for in the first place.

That's why McIntosh makes a lot of sense with their brand image continuity.
                    The delta amp sits on the floor and I have no intentions of bringing it back into the rack. I do plan on buying another amp next year (CA-5100) that will be racked.

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

For a rack mounted system it looks nice but I am not sure I like the anonymity of the new design. I wondered how far they would have to go to make the cosmetics work in a boxed frame. It should work well for people that don't mind or prefer the out of sight out of mind experience of their equipment.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sc2
                        I would say it has something to do with these baby's! :T

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/displa...577&terid=3585
                        I would say you are right! :B

Comment

• Hberg
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
                          For a rack mounted system it looks nice but I am not sure I like the anonymity of the new design. I wondered how far they would have to go to make the cosmetics work in a boxed frame. It should work well for people that don't mind or prefer the out of sight out of mind experience of their equipment.
                          I would tend to agree!
                          "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Alpha231
                            • May 2008

It doesn't look as good as the Delta series imo...

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

Very nice,

and the Delta series used ONLY Solidsteel Rack!!

Great.
                              Omar

Comment

• Classe4me
                                • Dec 2007

James, I concur with your statement about the new Classe line working for the "out of sight, out of mind" approach, however there are those people like myself that love the looks of my electronics and enjoy viewing them every bit as much as a piece of art as a component to stimulate my ears and eyes.

Some people like meters, some like dozens of knobs, dials, and lights. Personally I like the elegant simplicity of the radiused aluminum cases, the black trim, a single large black knob, and those ever-so-sexy GUIs!

I thought that the Classe racks were one of the best solutions to display this gorgeous gear and accent the front curvature of the Delta series. I saw some Classe components displayed on those same SolidSteel racks. At that time the dealer told me that those were the new "Classe racks." I was a bit taken aback when he priced one to me (the 3 shelf model was over $2000) and was still skeptical about Classe actually replacing the old standard racks that have been around since the Delta series was introduced. Seeing that display at CEDIA now appears to corroborate what I was told by the dealer.

Now I have something else to put on my wish list and it pains me to think of paying that kind of money for a static piece of equipment. It's just so darned sexy that I know I would love to have one.....or two!

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

I thought that the Classe racks were one of the best solutions to display this gorgeous gear and accent the front curvature of the Delta series. I saw some Classe components displayed on those same SolidSteel racks. At that time the dealer told me that those were the new "Classe racks." I was a bit taken aback when he priced one to me (the 3 shelf model was over $2000) and was still skeptical about Classe actually replacing the old standard racks that have been around since the Delta series was introduced. Seeing that display at CEDIA now appears to corroborate what I was told by the dealer.

Now I have something else to put on my wish list and it pains me to think of paying that kind of money for a static piece of equipment. It's just so darned sexy that I know I would love to have one.....or two!
                                  When I have ordered the ssp800 the B&W Switzerland say that this is(Solidsteel) is the bnew "standard" rack.
                                  See the website from Solidsteel: at the Cedia was the new serie Hyperspike
                                  (very expensive if do you buy 2 pieces (the 3 shelfmodel....) but the "normal"
                                  6.2 or 6.3 is very great and a little economic vs. the Hyperspike"....
                                  ....maded in Italy 8O ....

Omar

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Paying top dollars for an other black box isn't my cup of tea, Classé please keep the Delta design it is the most elegant than anything else I have seen including ML, Sim Audio, Krell, Mc.....

I wonder if Classé Delta design boxes where done in Italy, uncluttered solid and very smooth..
                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sc2
                                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                                      Paying top dollars for an other black box isn't my cup of tea, Classé please keep the Delta design it is the most elegant than anything else I have seen including ML, Sim Audio, Krell, Mc.....

I wonder if Classé Delta design boxes where done in Italy, uncluttered solid and very smooth..

Hey Wettou,

Why does it matter to you? You've pretty much been doggin on Classé the whole time! and been braggin on Electrocompaniet Nemo 600 to boot! :rofl:

Hey, just messin with ya! :T
                                      Steve

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by sc2
                                        Hey Wettou, Why does it matter to you? You've pretty much been doggin on Classé the whole time! and been braggin on Electrocompaniet Nemo 600 to boot! :rofl: Hey, just messin with ya! :T
                                        No worries I own Classé as you all know (CA-5200, CA-2100 and maybe SSP-800).

It is true that I like Electrocompaniet but also like Classé:B
                                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Oct 2006

I wonder what Classe prototype multi-channel amp Kal Rubinson is referring to in his Stereophile day 4 Cedia Show report?

Well, I cannot say that I saw everything at the 2008 CEDIA Expo, nor can I say that my dreams came true. However, my major expectation for this show was to see that the major high-end manufacturers had bitten the bullet for HDMI and HD audio. I am happy to say, almost all have: some with products ready to ship; some with availabilities before the end of the year; and some with prototypes and promises for the 2009 CES in January. To list and illustrate them all would take more energy than I can conjure at this late day but here are a few.

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

I wonder what Classe prototype multi-channel amp Kal Rubinson is referring to in his Stereophile day 4 Cedia Show report?

http://www.stereophile.com/news/090708cedia4/
                                            Based on the picture it looks like a Stereo amp?

Comment

• MikeyH
                                              • Aug 2008

Classe new rack look gorgeous. I wonder how much they're going for?

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Originally posted by MikeyH
                                                Classe new rack look gorgeous. I wonder how much they're going for?
                                                The racks are not from Classé but from SOLIDSTEEL an Italian firm that is why they look so good I would bet Classé had their Delta serie designed in Italy as well:T

Manufacturer of audio racks, speaker stands and accessories for Hi-Fi, High-End Audio, MI & Pro Audio. Made in Italy since 1990.

On sale at Music Direct for $2300 for three shelves (pricey)

The world's largest online retailer of high-end audio, audiophile music, and accessories. We specialize in vinyl records and turntables.
                                                Last edited by wettou; 08 September 2008, 16:17 Monday.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                                                  I would bet Classé had their Delta serie designed in Italy as well:T
                                                  Nice try, it was from a London firm called Native Design Studios headed by Morton Warren whom designed the Nautilus 800 Series. I suspect SolidSteel built the new stands to Classé's specifications. Hopefully, they are available to the public and not for show only. I like the monobloc stand but shorter spikes would be better I think.
                                                  Last edited by RebelMan; 08 September 2008, 16:59 Monday.

Comment

• beden1
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2006

Nice try, it was from a London firm called Native Design Studios headed by Morton Warren whom designed the Nautilus 800 Series. I suspect SolidSteel built the new stands to Classé's specifications. Hopefully, they are available to the public and not for show only. I like the monobloc stand but shorter spikes would be better I think.
                                                    I'm not sure Rebelman. If you look at the picture on the Stereophile link I provided, the stand says Solidsteel right on it.

At $2,300 however, it should say Solidsteal! :E

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Mar 2005

beden1, My response was an answer to wettou's note about the Classe' Delta Series design not the SolidSteel racks. I've edited the post for clarity.

Comment

• beden1
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Oct 2006

beden1, My response was an answer to wettou's note about the Classe' Delta Series design not the SolidSteel racks. I've edited the post for clarity.
                                                        Sorry about that. I must have read it too fast.

I'm really looking forward to your assessment of the SSP-800.

Comment

• Classe4me
                                                          • Dec 2007

New Classe racks

I am certainly not an authority on anything here, but when I was in the process of trying to procure my Classe rack, I was told by my dealer that they are phasing out the old racks and using the new SolidSteel racks as their new ones. He specifically told me, "these are the new Classe racks!"

Classe doesn't claim them as their own because my dealer already had the new rack and they do not remove the SolidSteel logo plate from the top right of the rack.

Obviously they are outsourced just as is most of the internal components are made by manufacturers who specialize in certain areas, whether is be processing boards, transformers, capacitors, etc. Classe assembles them just as an auto manufacturer would using their own designs, research and development, testing, etc. At the end of the day it's still a Classe component, not unlike the Ford F-150 having a Frame from Dana, suspension components from Tower Automotive, door panels from Johnson Controls, etc. These may not be the exact OEM suppliers for those given parts on that particular vehicle but you can see my point.

I am sure Classe has no desire to get into the rack making business so it's natural they will outsource it to a quality manufacturer that can offer something as sexy and worthy of showcasing those gorgeous Delta Series components.

Shoot, I think they should be sitting in the Guggenheim or MOMO!

I do think that from appearance sake, that SolidSteel and Classe did corroborate the design of that particular rack due to the radius used on the front corners.

If you want to know REALLY explicit details then Alpha231 is the man to talk to. He shot me a message last night giving me tons of information about model numbers, accessories, and what not about both lines of racks that Classe uses or has used.

Information or literature was always totally elusive and impossible to find anything about and I discovered that guy knows his stuff after getting his message last night.

Perhaps he can post something here that can help clarify everything. What I do know is that the new racks are far from inexpensive, but they are stunning to look at and showcase the product in a manner that is deserving.

Comment

• Classe4me
                                                            • Dec 2007

James, I have already written a novel but I will add this addendum. The rack from music direct has a model number of HS-3 and the front of that rack is squared off. If you notice the racks that are displayed at CEDIA have rounded corners and they are model number CHS-3.

Alpha can correct me if I am wrong here but this is the rack I saw at my Classe dealer several months ago when I was told was their new racks. The C prefix would be indicative of Classe, i.e., Classe Hyper Spike with 3 shelves.

If I am incorrect then please somebody knock me in the head and get me back on track.

I think that model number and the corners tell the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say!

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Classe4me
                                                              • Dec 2007

Chapter 3

Here I go again, take a look at the position of the uprights/supports on the HS-3, compared to the placement of the uprights moved back on the CHS-3 to accentuate that gorgeous radii that has captivated all of us Classe fiends.

Pehaps with the exception of Sikoniko that has his Classe Delta component(s) rack mounted, hiding his curves like a modest lady at the beach with a cover-up.

You know I am just bugging with you Siko, yours was the first Classe components that I had ever seen racked. I would not have ever figured out how it could have been done tastefully but you seemed to have pulled it off.

I think this trilogy is done now. I need to go to work to pay for some more toys!

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                                • May 2008

Classe4me,

Thank you for giving me more credit than I deserve! If anyone would like individual pricing or a rack elevation built please shoot me a pm. I can give you a parts list that you can take to your dealer and have them order it.

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                                  • May 2008

Here is a picture of the CHS-3 with a CP-700 and CDP-202:

This was taken at the B&W training facility in Worthing

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Hallo,

No suspect is definitiv.

Yes, the Solidsteel racks is the OFFICIAL stand for Classè Delta

B&W Switzerland strongly recommended to use Solidsteel.

greetings Omar

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Classe4me
                                                                      James, I have already written a novel but I will add this addendum. The rack from music direct has a model number of HS-3 and the front of that rack is squared off. If you notice the racks that are displayed at CEDIA have rounded corners and they are model number CHS-3.

Alpha can correct me if I am wrong here but this is the rack I saw at my Classe dealer several months ago when I was told was their new racks. The C prefix would be indicative of Classe, i.e., Classe Hyper Spike with 3 shelves.

If I am incorrect then please somebody knock me in the head and get me back on track.

I think that model number and the corners tell the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say!

Hope this helps.
                                                                      Thanks Tom. I've had an affinity with some rack producers and SolidSteel has been one of them but what they typically offered has been squarish. I was hoping to find something that would complement the Delta Series radii but that was a massive challenge outside of the Classé racks which I admired too but not so much for their monoblocs. It appears that the CHS-3 fits the bill better but I am not crazy about the long spikes for the mono's.

Alpha231, any chance the monobloc stands can be purchased with different spike sizes?

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                                        • May 2008

Thanks Tom. I've had an affinity with some rack producers and SolidSteel has been one of them but what they typically offered has been squarish. I was hoping to find something that would complement the Delta Series radii but that was a massive challenge outside of the Classé racks which I admired too but not so much for their monoblocs. It appears that the CHS-3 fits the bill better but I am not crazy about the long spikes for the mono's.

Alpha231, any chance the monobloc stands can be purchased with different spike sizes?
                                                                        The only options for the CHS amp stands are as follows:

CHS-1SD
                                                                        standard depth

and

CHS-1ED
                                                                        extended depth for items like the CA-5200

Comment

• style
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                          • 1562

Hallo Alpha231,

how much is the (extend version) deth for the 5200?

I have see by Audiogamma (official dealer in Itay for Classe,B&W,Solidsteel & more) (http://www.audiogamma.it/prodotti.ph...r=14&codarea=6)

that the HS serie is only in 561mm. / 500mm. utilisable deth available.
                                                                          the ED (extended vers.) is not in the catalog, the more deth is 600mm -> the monoblock HS S(like steel) or B(like Black).

Do you think that the model 6.3 with 530mm. / 500mm. disponible space can not be a good solution for the combo CA5200-SSP800 ( and DVD..)?

Thanlk you
                                                                          Omar
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • May 2008
                                                                            • 50

Originally posted by style
                                                                            Hallo Alpha231,

how much is the (extend version) deth for the 5200?

I have see by Audiogamma (official dealer in Itay for Classe,B&W,Solidsteel & more) (http://www.audiogamma.it/prodotti.ph...r=14&codarea=6)

that the HS serie is only in 561mm. / 500mm. utilisable deth available.
                                                                            the ED (extended vers.) is not in the catalog, the more deth is 600mm -> the monoblock HS S(like steel) or B(like Black).

Do you think that the model 6.3 with 530mm. / 500mm. disponible space can not be a good solution for the combo CA5200-SSP800 ( and DVD..)?

Thanlk you
                                                                            Omar
                                                                            Omar,

Both CHS amp stands are priced identically: $500.00 ea.

I don't have exact measurements of the CHS-1 amp stands but they do offer a "ED" or extended depth versions for items like the CA-5200. To my understanding this "ED" version was made specifically for Classe and Solidsteel does not offer an extended depth version. Solidsteel's "HS" or Hyper Spike amp stand is exactly identical to the Classe CHS-1SD or standard depth version.

I cannot confidently comment on the Solidsteel 6.3 but in my opinion, it appears it will not hold the massive CA-5200...

I hope this helps,
                                                                            Eric

Comment

Working...
                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                            Search Result for "|||"