X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Jc1

How do you like the monoblock JC1 have you compared to Classé or other high end!
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Let the search function be your friend. Jesse has owned both, and his preference was towards the JC1. However, there is no definitive answer as it also depends on what speakers you have. Check these two threads...

Both are without doubt great amps, but personally I feel that the JC1 offers more value for the dollar spent. If you want to support Canadian labor, buy Classe Parasound amps are built in Taiwan which reflects the excellent value for the money...

Peter

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
      Parasound amps are built in Taiwan which reflects the excellent value for the money...Peter
      Thank you Peter, still very expensive for something built in Taiwan!!

I just love the look of the Classé I am a sucker for design

I was just wondering sound wise!
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by wettou
        Thank you Peter, still very expensive for something built in Taiwan!!!
        Well, it depends on the dealer. With the dealers I had at hand when I got my nine JC-1s in 2005/2006, the Classé M-400 was almost 3 times the price of the JC-1...

I just love the look of the Classé I am a sucker for design
        Classé also has some very cool features like Ethernet connectivity...

I was just wondering sound wise!
        The difference is subtle. The only way to get a definite answer is to audition both amps with YOUR speakers.

Peter

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

It is true the Classé CAM-400 are pricey that is the problem with the line, you get what you pay for it is just like suits if you want a Brioni suit ($6,000) vs a Men's whearhouse suit ($299)

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Well, the MSRP between the JC-1 and the M400 does not differ much.

What I said was that my Classe dealer does not discount - not a cent! He wants to keep the full profit (the margins are big on High End audio, usually 50% or more).

So my friendly out-of-state Parasound dealer discounted 50% (not much profit for him), and my in-state Classe dealer demanded MSRP+sales tax. As a result the Classe suddenly was a lot more expensive.

Just because a dealer wants a huge profit does not give you more value for the money, does it? :B

Ergo, you don't always get what you pay for. There is always dealer profit involved. (Of course, if you need a lot of dealer support paying MSRP may actually give you more for the money if you have dealer that is providing support corresponding to the profit you're putting in his pockets).

Another good example is that yesterday I picked up a $20 eSata cable from BestBuy just because I needed it right away. If I only had the time to wait, I could have picked up the exact same cable (brand new, same manufacturer) on eBay for $6 (shipping included!).

Peter

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
              Well, the MSRP between the JC-1 and the M400 does not differ much. What I said was that my Classe dealer does not discount - not a cent! He wants to keep the full profit (the margins are big on High End audio, usually 50% or more). So my friendly out-of-state Parasound dealer discounted 50% (not much profit for him), and my in-state Classe dealer demanded MSRP+sales tax. As a result the Classe suddenly was a lot more expensive.

Just because a dealer wants a huge profit does not give you more value for the money, does it? :B

Ergo, you don't always get what you pay for. There is always dealer profit involved. (Of course, if you need a lot of dealer support paying MSRP may actually give you more for the money if you have dealer that is providing support corresponding to the profit you're putting in his pockets). Peter
              Unfortunately, Peter can you email me your friend Parasound Dealer I might be very interested I also have to pay sales taxes and I agree that Classé has a 50% profit margin. There is a reason it is called Audio Jewelry

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"