Matching my center amplifier with Parasound Halo A21 front!!???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmtkwong
    • May 2008

Matching my center amplifier with Parasound Halo A21 front!!???

Hello Everyone,

I am deciding on which amp to get for my center channel. I have Energy Veritas 2.3i powered by Parasound A21 and the rest by my denon 5800 receiver. I am slowly moving towards separate components. I am thinking about A23 or HCA 2200mkII or A51 which i think is too expensive just for the center and rears. I am thinking to use A23 to biamp the center channel and another A23 for the rears.

Please give you all's valuable input. Thanks :P

Kelvin
  • Vince Helm
    • Mar 2006

Hi Kevin,
    I am using a A21 for the fronts and a A23 for the center channel in the bridged mode. Works GREAT!

Vince

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

If your center is 8 ohms, the A23 will work great. (If it's 4 ohms, then you cannot use the A23 in bridged mode).

Peter

Comment

• kmtkwong
        • May 2008

Thanks you all for the reply

I am actually using it to bi-amp my 8-ohm center speaker. Would it give better outcome than bridging both channel? I heard that bridging would cause decreased current drive and reduced soundstage.

Thanks

Kelvin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hey, Kelvin, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by kmtkwong
            I am actually using it to bi-amp my 8-ohm center speaker. Would it give better outcome than bridging both channel? I heard that bridging would cause decreased current drive and reduced soundstage.
            Reduced soundstage - yes, if you're currently doing ACTIVE bi-amping (electronic crossover, no passive crossover in speaker). However, if you're doing passive bi-amping (no electronic crossover, passive crossover in speaker), then there's no reduced soundstage.

However, I don't think you'll really gain anything by bridging it. Doing so may get you some more bass slam at the cost of blurred mids/high at peak power. I'm not sure this is a good idea for a center speaker.

Keep it the way you have it, or if you'd like to make a huge improvement go with active bi-amping! (If your speaker lets you easiliy remove the crossover this is definitely the way to go. You can get a cheap electronic crossover for $100 and a high end one for $500).

Peter

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"