X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon SS
    • Oct 2002

What HT furniture do you guys have

I am trying to find some HT furniture for equipment, looking for something which can hold the centre speaker under TV and also all the equipment. I am having trouble since the Halo A51 is so deep (20"), what do you guys use?

I am looking for something that is more table like vs having all the equipment one above each other (I also like the wood look vs. glass).

Right now I have the C2, A51 but am thinking of adding the A23 to get 7.1 (plus dvd player, cable box, cd player).

Thanks in advance
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Jon, awesome job for keeping it specific to Parasound here in the Club! (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)

I know exactly what you're talking about. Parasound amps are beasts, and not shallow in equipment furniture. I've used two types of actual rackmount racks now. The 1st one was by Salamander, which you're probably familiar with, and worked great while maintaining more of a furniture look. Because of the A51/21 amp depth, you'll still want to use either an open back, or an extended back option.

My current rack is a Middle Atlantic tower rackmount, which works even better. It's a little bit deeper, so while my A21 and A51 still protrude really far into the rack, I still have room for cables and can still close the standard back rack door.

See my previous threads here in the Club for my various equipment rack pictures.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Jon SS
      • Oct 2002

Thanks I was looking at the Salamander Synergy line but it seems as if the interior depth is stil only 19", is it fully open at the back so the amp can stick out? I was looking at triple and quads. - Just reread your post so I know the depth will fit!
      Last edited by Jon SS; 11 May 2008, 20:16 Sunday.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I'm using a BDI Axis 8026

MODIA Immersive Entertainment - Home Theater Store – 33 years in the making. Home Audio, home automation, media design and hi-fi music systems for home and office space. Family owned and operations in Houston, Dallas, Plano and Southlake.

BDI also makes similar low profile models that go underneath the TV.

The 8026 was originally purchased with the A51 in mind, and it worked fine for that purpose. (It will accommodate equipment up to 21" in depth).

FYI, now that I don't have warm/hot running Parasound Halo anymore, I'm thinking about recessing everything into the wall (Mid Atlantic) and my BDI is possibly for sale (make me an offer).

Thanks,
        Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jon SS
          • Oct 2002

Thanks for your help. I think I like the Salamander stands.

Another quick question, the manuals for the A51 and A23 recommend 6" and 3" of ventiliation space above the amps, could I get away with 4" and 2" or even 3" and 2" if the front is open / allows for ventilation as well.

Right now I was thinking of the 2 level stand (21" high) and if I need more ventilation I would have to go with the 3 level stand (31").

Thanks.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

If you have limited space, it's probably better to install a quiet fan. (With a fan you can safely stack the unit tighter than the specifications say).

However, note that fans usually requires a rack that is closed on the back and sides to work properly. Please refer to the Thermal Management White Paper that is downloadable on Middle Atlantic's web site.

Peter

Comment

• H.T.C
              • Nov 2003

I have a sanus but want to get one of those new salamander cabinets,they are just a little pricey but built very nice.
              Robert

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jon SS
                Thanks I was looking at the Salamander Synergy line but it seems as if the interior depth is still only 19", is it fully open at the back so the amp can stick out?
                I use Salamander for both HT and 2-channel. The back panel can be left off which is what I do because my 2-channel system amp sticks out in the back. Salamander also has an optional extended, ventilated rear panel available which gives you a couple extra inches.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Custom made
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"