X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Zhd RS-232 "Y" cable version

(I'll be making more various posts here in the Club as I get time to share info. Let me know if you guys get tired of me always posting--from monitoring the Club, though, looks like there's still lots of "lurkers" who do use the info, if nothing else)

I recently sent my Zhd in to check on a bug that I had, and while it was there, the Parasound tech boys sent it back with a new version of RS-232 cable that is now shipping with Zhd's. Before, if you decided to hook up your Zhd to your C1, C2, or 7100 via the RS-232 cable, (the best way to go--I do recommend it for automatic operation and integration) the RS-232 port on your pre/pro controller was, of course, occupied, so you couldn't also use it for control systems like AMX or Crestron. And to hook up your computer to make pre/pro programming and customization changes, you'd have to unplug the RS-232, and then re-plug it in when you were done.

Well, the new cable is a "Y", so that the main length still goes between the C1/C2/7100 and Zhd. But on the processor end, there is a "Y" with another short cable, terminated in the same RS-232 plug on the C1/C2/7100, so you can still connect the other stuff!

Cool beans. Here's a picture of the old cable, if you were to connect it to a New Classic 7100. I should have taken a picture of my new cable before installing it in my equipment rack.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"