X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

Halo A21 And Revel Studio's

I was wondering if you Parasound guys would have any input on this combo. I'm looking for an amp that will smooth out the mids and add a little oomph to the bottom end. I have never heard a Parasound first hand and would like to know what the signature sound is. Well, you know what I mean. Any input would be helpful, thanks.
  • Elsiejr
    • Jan 2006

Greetings. I have Revel Studios & Parasound C2. For the amp, I have a Pass Labs X-250 connected with balanced interconnects. I have never heard the Parasound A21 with the Studios (though I had an A23 for a while driving my rear speakers). I believe that the Studios are "voiced" using Mark Levenson amps, but after some reseach & reviews, decided on the Pass amp (they are available at great prices refurbished at Pass, and with a year guarantee). I was impressed with the A23's build quality - especially for the price.

The Studios sound much better when driven by massive amps. I tried a couple of smaller amps, and never got the speed & impact in the bass I was looking for. (I never had an issue with the mids.) Now it is always 100% clear whether the bass is from bass guitar or drum.

Good luck!

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

Pass labs must be some nice amps. I have only heard good things about them. Yea, the Studio's do like their power don't they. I thought the Halo might be a good choice because it does deliver 250w into 8 ohms. I'm currently using the Musical Fidelity A5 pre.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"