X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse111
    • Jul 2005

Further room tweaks.

Just when I thought I'd sit on my laurels for awhile and just listen to some tunes I had to stop over at the Planar Speaker Asylum and rave about my system. A few top notch Maggie audiophiles had some good advice for me. I'm making a few room acoustic mods and so far with just the first modification the Bass has just about blew off the chair. I didn't know the Mags could actually do it to this level. Additionally, my brightness has been toned down even more and the articulation and detail has increased. I will surely be experimenting with the 0.5 ohm resistor instead of the 1 ohm. I'm surprised with this unexpected and immediately obvious increase in performance. More detail without adding any further brightness...amazing.

I'm beginning to see the truly incredible capability of the JC1 amps. With the right room and system they are "sound poetry".

Pics are coming.
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jesse111
    I'm making a few room acoustic mods and so far with just the first modification the Bass has just about blew off the chair.
    I'm not surprised. I have an 8dB dip at 150Hz, and another 16dB dip at 50Hz. These are so deep that when they are corrected by the preamp, the maximum possible volume is so low that I need to listen at max possible volume... (that's how things go when you're all digital. When all bits are 1 you can't go any higher - unlike analog electronics where you can just add an amp/preamp to boost the signal).

If you don't mind, could you please post a link to the Planar Asylum thread. I'd be interested in reading that too!

Peter

Comment

• REOFan
      • Jan 2006

Jesse111 Link

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen

If you don't mind, could you please post a link to the Planar Asylum thread. I'd be interested in reading that too!

Peter

Peter - This might be it:

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Sweet, just don't forget to recalibrate (and re-eq if applicable) after new acoustics!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Jesse111
          • Jul 2005

Had to leave town for the weekend just got back. Thanks for posting the link REOfan for Peter. I'll be sharing my new tweaks in a few days.

Chris D, yep gotta make some small position changes and EQ the Velodyne 10 DD's again but I only use them for hard rock stuff when I want to feel like I'm in a live arena. It's a pain because I have no preamp and have to install my trusty $300 Yamaha reciever in order to utilize the Velodyne software.

Since the Mags are performing so incredibly well with the force of the JC1's and additional accoustic treatment, I'm in no real hurry right now. But surely needs to be done sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"