X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichiganMike
    • Mar 2004

Static Discharge and Volume on C2

In winter, I get an occasional spark from static when touching my audio stand or the equipment on it. This has the unexpected affect of changing the sound level on the C2, even if I do not touch it directly. If I switch inputs on the C2 with the remote the normal volume level returns. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike
  • Vince Helm
    • Mar 2006

Hi Mike,

Yes, sort of simular to your experience. I am now in the habit of touching a metal picture frame before I touch the C2 in order to discharge any static build up (during the winter). Always works for me. I also noticed that when I vacuum around the entertainment center and the C2 is on, a static can build up and cause a simular issue... so I do not use the C2 while using the vacuum. No big deal for me.

Best wishes
    Vince

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Whoa, no, haven't heard that one either. Are you E.T.? changing channels by touching the TV box?
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"