X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d"cure"
    • Jun 2006

pre amp help

hi guys
    i need your help to choose a pre amp for my halo a-23,any suggestions will be helpfull,i am consindering of halo p3 or rotel rc-1090 as my budget is at this range,has anyone test these or listen in compare with?any other chioce?
    thanks in advance
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Good question as to if someone's done a direct comparison between the two. There's lots of reviews on the P3 linked from Parasound's website, if that'll help.

Parasound was working on a New Classic pre-amp, but I guess that just still hasn't made it to market yet.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
      • May 2005

A23, P3, Hey they are two peas in a pod. As in they were made for each other.
      Jay

Comment

• Eric242
        • Mar 2006

I always found the a23 + p3 a very good combination, regarding quality, sound and look. Therefor I would recommend the p3 too.

Actually I am selling mine, not that I wouldn´t like it anymore but I own an a/v processor and two pre´s is simply one too much for myself having just one setup for both stereo and multichannel.

Eric

Comment

• d"cure"
          • Jun 2006

im also loking for arcam fmj c31,very good reviews,what do you think?

Comment

• REOFan
            • Jan 2006

I would stick with the P3. There's something to be said for the synergy of Parasound products--both aesthetically and functionally. Arcam and Rotel are fine. I prefer the Arcam over the Rotel. But if I were in your position, I'd go with the P3. This two-cents from a guy with two JC 1s mated with a P/LD 2000 (and who is waiting for the JC 2). (You might be able to get a P/LD 2000 used--nice piece. But, in the long run, I'd prefer the all-Halo look of the A23 and P3 combo.) Cheers.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Heheheeee... can't wait for that JC2!

You're right--the visual synergy of Halo equipment is awesome.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• tmueller
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by REOFan
                I would stick with the P3. There's something to be said for the synergy of Parasound products--both aesthetically and functionally. Arcam and Rotel are fine. I prefer the Arcam over the Rotel. But if I were in your position, I'd go with the P3. This two-cents from a guy with two JC 1s mated with a P/LD 2000 (and who is waiting for the JC 2). (You might be able to get a P/LD 2000 used--nice piece. But, in the long run, I'd prefer the all-Halo look of the A23 and P3 combo.) Cheers.
                REOFan--Great to see another Halo guy in WI...what part of the state are you in?

Tyler

Comment

• d"cure"
                  • Jun 2006

thank you very much,i decide to buy the advance acoustic mpp-505 pre(http://www.advance-acoustic.com/) very good reviews in europe and also good price, i will write about it as soon as take place on my stereo stand.

Comment

• REOFan
                    • Jan 2006

Very Near

Tyler - I live in Waukesha. I work in Milwaukee for an insurance company. Many of my employees live in West Bend. Ah, the drive down 45.

Comment

• REOFan
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
                      Heheheeee... can't wait for that JC2!

You're right--the visual synergy of Halo equipment is awesome.

I've heard the JC 2 is slated for late January, which I interpret to mean March or April. I can't wait. (Been waiting for a couple of years now. But it sounds like the wait will be worth it.) I heard what I'll call a prototype last spring outside of Chicago. Pretty impressive. I've looked at other pre-amps, but want to wait for the JC 2 release. Of course, if I could get a used Blowtorch, that might be the ultimate . . .
                      Last edited by Chris D; 13 November 2016, 16:46 Sunday.

Comment

• r100gs
                        • May 2005

Can't wait for the JC2! I'm still thinking of excuses I can tell my wife to pull it off.
                        Jay

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Originally posted by REOFan
                          I've heard the JC 2 is slated for late January, which I interpret to mean March or April. I can't wait. (Been waiting for a couple of years now. But it sounds like the wait will be worth it.) I heard what I'll call a prototype last spring outside of Chicago.
                          Heheheeee... laughing about the timing thing. (and completely understood)

REOfan, were you there at the Chicago audiophile club audition? That event seems to have become almost a mini-legend in audiophile circles. Much buzz out there in anticipation of the JC2.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• REOFan
                            • Jan 2006

Not Quite

REOfan, were you there at the Chicago audiophile club audition? That event seems to have become almost a mini-legend in audiophile circles. Much buzz out there in anticipation of the JC2.[/QUOTE]

Chris,

I beleive the Chicago Audiophile Club audition was Sunday at a hotel. I was in a suburb of Chicago on Saturday at a dealer's house, where I met Richard Schram and Dr. Roger West (Sound Lab). There may have been some club members there (among the twenty or so individual milling about). I did hear a CTC Blowtorch as well as the JC 2 prototype. Plus I saw, but did not hear, the Hala D3. I wanted to come back for the Sunday demo, but couldn't make that happen. I did, however, appreciate the private demo of the aforementioned equipment in a livingroom. The whole environment was very comfortable and informal--and so unlike a demo by a typical brick and mortar dealer. A very memorable experience.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"