X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indytown
    • Apr 2005

JC1 and B&W 800D or 802D

I'm a new member here and was refered here by the kind folks over at AVSFORUM.

I am considering the purchase of either the B&W 800 or 802.

Reading various threads and listening to the new 802D at various shops over the last several weeks with either Krells, Mcintosh, Classe amps hooked up to them, a friend recommended the JC1 monoblock as a match.

The rec. was based on power, in will double down from 400 watts to 800 and drive a 2 ohm load at 1200 watts, ampres are said to be if I remember around 140 which would indicate high current.

Are there any users with the JC1 and either 800 or 802 combo?

Would this be a very good sonic match. I would hate to buy the 800's and have just okay sound for the dollars spent.

I called Parasound and spoke to one of their tech's and asked what the sonic signature was. They were somewhat apprehensive.

If one was to catagorize the amp, would it be neutral or left or right of neutral that being warm or forward (bright/hot).

Really cant find a dealer that has the combo in house.

Help would be appreciated.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Indytown, and welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana: Let's see if we can find somebody else for you in the Club that might have that particular combo, or at least somebody that's running B&W speakers with Parasound amps.

If you read reviews, in general you'll find that most reviewers place the Halo amps in the neutral category, or slightly forward.

Based on the resounding success and reviews of the JC-1, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the slightest with one. We've had one or two guys move from the A21 or A51 to higher-end amplifiers, but I don't know of anybody that's traded in their JC-1. I'm sure there's somebody out there, though.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Indytown
      • Apr 2005

Thanks Chris, hoefullly someone has the combo.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"