X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • She Loves You
    • Oct 2004

CM 6's Gear recommendations help please

Greetings from San Diego!

I have wanted to build a hi fi entertainment system for years now.. The other day while browsing my local audio store I saw a pair of B&W CM 6's.. They were really attractive (rosenut) and better yet on sale ($1595.00 w/ tax $1723.11 out the door). I made the decisions to score them on the spot.. It didn't hurt that it was by birthday either

I will have to buy the other components one at a time. I would like to ask for some guidance please.. What should I use to run the speakers..

I was considering the Rotel RSX 1056 or the Arcam AVR 200. I might consider seperates if I can be steered into the right direction.. I don't wanna go to big though.. Can someone provide a little assistance as which direction to turn.. I figure I'll use my system 70% music and 30% for video viewing.

I hope to hear from you experts.. I really need some help making good decisions!
  • alkalay
    • Jun 2004

Hi there,

I wouldn't take it as an expert's words, but here goes.

Congrats on your new set of speakers.

What other (if any) gear do you have now?

Speaking from my experience I can say that....

What you should be really doing is start taking some hi-fi stuff over to your house and audition it. You may listen to some brands & models at stores and ask to take home some of the stuff that would make it to the top of your list.

Enjoy the process, you should.

Itai.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"