X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ecir38
    • Oct 2006

Decision Decisions but not just yet

Hi, my name is Brad and I am a audioholic. :thanku: nOOb here that has allot of studying to do but could use some help pointing in the right direction. Remember, this use to be you.

My listening environment will be 80% movies 20% music with a 5.1 setup. I will have a TC2000-15SVC sonsub built around mid December thanks to the AVS forum which has directed me here. With the sonosub installed the rest of my system speakers will be lacking.

It looks like the best thing to do right now is to keep reading about the current speakers in the mission accomplished area and wait till next year for some new designs (won’t be ready for a build till then). What I would like to build first would be a center speaker then the mains and worry about the surrounds later.

The upcoming smaller 3 way center caught my attention and is what I would like to work around depending on the design. I’m hoping it can be built in the 22” wide range but something tells me it won’t. What mains are the upcoming 3 way center being designed to match (current and new) is a question I have? I would like to build my mains at or under a 24” height, depth and width shouldn’t be a problem. Hoping I am thinking in the right direction please direct.

What material would be recommend to somewhat get me up to speed? I’m not against the search button just need some direction. I already have the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook 7th edition.

Here are some links to some material I have found so far.

Archive of reference in mission accomplished

BR
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

Hey Brad,

This upcoming smaller 3-way center will be designed with the 1ft^3 Parts Express MTM cabinet in mind, so it will be 22" wide (horizontally, of course).

I believe that the Natalie Ps, Modula MTMs, and the Modula MTs would match up fairly well. Although, I've been wondering lately if Jon couldn't possibly go ahead and do a TMWW using the same cabinet and drivers.

That would be a killer LCR setup, small/slim too.

Hmmmmmm....

Comment

• Ecir38
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by WillyD
      Hey Brad, This upcoming smaller 3-way center will be designed with the 1ft^3 Parts Express MTM cabinet in mind, so it will be 22" wide (horizontally, of course).
      That would be the same size as the Modular MTM-CT in mission accomplished, unless i am missing somethig here. I was hoping it would be something like 22" wide with less than 9" height.
      BR

Comment

• WillyD
        • Feb 2006

Right, it is designed for the same enclosure.

I don't understand though, you said:

I’m hoping it can be built in the 22” wide range
        It is...but you want it to be lower than 9" ?

Comment

• Ecir38
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by WillyD
          Right, it is designed for the same enclosure.
          I don't understand though, you said:
          It is...but you want it to be lower than 9" ?
          I guess i was hoping the smaller center would actually be smaller that would use a smaller driver which would reduce the height of the enclosure. I just don't have the 9" to work with.
          BR

Comment

• WillyD
            • Feb 2006

Ah, well this new center still uses the 7" RS180. I'd recommend CJD's RS150 MTM since you want a smaller center.

Comment

• Ecir38
              • Oct 2006

Thanks Will, that would be the dimensions i would like to work around.
              Last edited by Ecir38; 22 November 2006, 23:26 Wednesday.
              BR

Comment

• Ecir38
                • Oct 2006

Found this and this that answers allot of my questions. Thanks
                Last edited by theSven; 03 September 2023, 11:52 Sunday. Reason: Update urls
                BR

Comment

• Brendan_L
                  • Sep 2006

What enclosure do you plan to build for the TC2000?

Comment

• Ecir38
                    • Oct 2006

BR

Comment

• Ecir38
                      • Oct 2006

I think i found my direction :T

CJD MTM for the center, Natalie P or Modular MTM for the mains depending on the tweeter i chose for the center and surrounds and a RS150 MT for the surrounds.

Looks like i got allot of work cut out for me, hopefullly starting next year in the above order.

Thanks Will for the initial direction.
                      BR

Comment

• WillyD
                        • Feb 2006

That sounds like a good setup Brad.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"