X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LikeCoiledSteel
    • May 2004

B&W Center Channels=HUGE!

Hi Guys,
    I have recently bought a CDMCNT center channel to match my CDM7NT's. The only problem is that it is too big to place on top of my Sony 36" Wega. What do you guys do with the large centers? They are also heavy, mine is 30lbs. I would like to get a new audio rack and tv stand or entertainment center, but the center channel is really tough to place. I am curious to hear about possible solutions or where others put these huge things. Love the sound, not the size.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

That is a frequent complaint abut B&W center channels. They are monsters. You can go the custom cabinet route, but that can be pricey if you're not a do-it-yourselfer. For pre-made cabinets, the only manufacturer that I can think of who might make a one that accommodates is Salamander A/V furniture. I chose to put my HTM2 speaker on a wall shelf above my set. I put rubber door stops under it to tilt it down to the listening position. It works fine.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

I went to a local hardware warehouse (like your Wal-Mart, Home-Depot etc) and bought a shelf with wall brackets designed fo the weight... Mounts perfectly above the TV. Just get the depth and width right and go and discuss with the sales staff and for $30 or so you will have the problem solved (if you are not in an rented appartment where you cant drill into the walls). Make sure you give them the weight so that they can get you the right wall fxings...

For a little more you can even get two 3ft strips and a shelf that clips into them so you can vayr the hieght of the centre speaker if you get a bigger TV

Geoff

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

This is definately an issue w/ the htm1. This thing is a monster, and trying to figure out what to do w/ it and meet the WAF or future WAF is a pain.

Since I am not going to be getting a big screen anytime soon, I have thought about compromising, and getting an amoire that will accomodate the center nestled atop the tv on a shelf, and have it disappear when the door is closed (which i imagine will be almost never, but the fiance thinks so.)
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I was about to say....you thought the center is big? you haven't seen big yet, til you seen the HTM1. Not only is it heavy, it's wider and taller than the 600s series and, boy does it sound good though. If you don't mind it being a little aestheticly unpleasing, placing it on the center channel stand gives the best performance. Check out soundanchor.com they make stands specifically designed for B&Ws, but they go for around $250. Very sturdy, almost unbreakable.

Comment

• Rags
            • Aug 2003

A plasma is the stupidly expensive solution 8O. Frees up topshelf space to take the HTM1 !

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

yea....that's a $2000 center channel, but I think it's really worth it though. Or you can go front projection.

Comment

• Fife
                • Apr 2004

Sound Anchor center channel stand. Fits the HTM1 like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"