X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SugarmillMan
    • Dec 2010

Center speaker wall mount?

I have just ordered a set of B & W 804 Diamonds and an HTM4 to replace my aging Polk equipment. I can hardly wait!!!

Has anyone found a good way to wall mount a heavy (and large) center speaker such as the HTM4? (A search only showed building a small speaker shelf.)

Any advice or photos welcome!
  • dukester
    • Sep 2010

Congrats! What finish? No doubt you'll enjoy them over your Polks.

Sorry, can't help with your wall mount question; i chose not to do that since i wanted to keep my mains at least a foot from the wall (for larger soundstage), and i like to keep my front 3 equidistant from the listening position (mounting it on the wall would've resulted in my mains being closer than the ctr). Have you considered the Sound Anchor ctr speaker stand?
    McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• SugarmillMan
      • Dec 2010

The Sound Anchor stand looks very well built but it might not work, in my case. My plasma is already mounted to the wall and I've decided that I would like to try to keep it there.

I decided (wife decided really) to try to match the color of the hardwood floors- We selected the Cherrywood finish to match.

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

Try looking in the B&W pictures thread to see if you can get any ideas.

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SugarmillMan
          Has anyone found a good way to wall mount a heavy (and large) center speaker such as the HTM4?
          I have an HTM2D, and have wall mounted it using brackets sold for supporting microwave's. They're more than capable of bearing the weight, very stable, and an in-expensive solution. I can post a better picture if you're interested.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• stuofsci02
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2009

Has anyone found a good way to wall mount a heavy (and large) center speaker such as the HTM4? (
            HTM4 is just the little guy.. I just packed mine away for a couple of months until I have my HT room finished.. It can't weight more then 25 lbs..
            Main System:
            B&W 801D
            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
            Oppo BDP-105
            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
            B&W CM7
            Emotiva UMC-1
            Emotiva UPA-2
            Oppo BDP-83SE
            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• SugarmillMan
              • Dec 2010

Mike:
              Another picture would be great! Where did you get those brackets? A search showed them only at stores in UK and not USA.
              Last edited by SugarmillMan; 12 December 2010, 07:32 Sunday.

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Mike:
                Another picture would be great! Where did you get those brackets? A search showed them only at stores in UK and not USA.
                I got them in the UK, I didn't realise they're hard to find in the US! ebay.com has a couple listed for $20, plus postage from the UK. The thing about microwave brackets is the legs can extend out to give a greater depth than normal shelving brackets, so the speaker is not against the wall. They're also able to carry the weight. I think its the best solution for the money.

- Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• Glen B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2004

I have just ordered a set of B & W 804 Diamonds and an HTM4 to replace my aging Polk equipment. I can hardly wait!!!

Has anyone found a good way to wall mount a heavy (and large) center speaker such as the HTM4? (A search only showed building a small speaker shelf.)

Any advice or photos welcome!
                  That's why I went with Axiom wall mount speakers to replace my stand-mounted Paradigms. The Axioms come with their own unique flush wall mounting system that includes terminals for the speaker wires. When installed, the gap between speaker and wall is only ¼ inch.

Comment

• SugarmillMan
                    • Dec 2010

Mike:
                    Thanks for the tip and great photos. I took your suggestion and ordered this item from an eBay seller in UK that has an on-line electronics store. With shipping (plus a poor exchange rate) it's fairly expensive but a very good solution for my application.

Thanks again for your help. I'll post some photos when the job is done.

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

I look forward to seeing your pictures :-)
                      Good luck!
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• Hammie
                        • Oct 2005

I found them here. Not sure of the reliability, but they look to be the same.

大龙网,全球领先的跨境电商B2B商机平台。首推线上移动APP、线下海外体验馆的移动跨境贸易O2O平台,重点布局“一带一路”沿线版图,助力中国制造走出国门,实现“移动互联网+外贸”的转型升级,实现中国品牌的龙之梦。
                        Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                        Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                        Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                        Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                        B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                        Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                        My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                        Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• SugarmillMan
                          • Dec 2010

Thanks for the info. You have a very clean looking setup, by the way. Your wiring sleeves are very well done!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"