X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

Are 500WPC Bryston 7BST Mono's too much for 804's

I have an Oppty to buy the monoblocks for a very good price. Will this much power blow-up the 804's with a 200watt power handling rating? How will this much power affect HT when my other channels are only on 200WPC. Will the mains dominate
  • purplepeople
    • Aug 2004

Actually Bryston 7s are rated at 600W. Just make sure the input signal isn't clipping, because these amps will deliver that DC wave to your mains and that won't be any fun.

ensen.
    Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it...

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

You might as well get yourself some 802s with that much power. A waste for the 804s. With an 89 db sensitivity, the 804s run very smoothe with a high quality 100 wpc amp.

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

If you can get them for a great price, I say get them, that way amplification won't be the reason for not upgrading down the road. I'll probably have my amplifier until it stops working. Just don't see a reason to upgrade unless speakers require it.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Britchie,

I say - take them...

Awesome amps - 20 year warantee and they'll power anthing you ever buy. And you will know that you will be getting the absolute best out of the 804's. Make sure you use good speaker cable and bi-wire them.

Just remember Stereophile love the tiny 805s on their 1000W Musical Fidelity Monoblocks!!!

Geoff

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

To answer your original question, no, the amps won't blow up the 804s as long as you're not driving them at ear-splitting levels for hours on end.
            As for the advice above, unless you're planning on upgrading to 802s or equal, a good 100- or 200-watt amp will suffice. Bryston monoblocks with 804s. Come on, you guys :roll:

Comment

• brucek
              HTG Expert
              • Aug 2000

I have an Oppty to buy the monoblocks for a very good price
              Don't waste any more time - just go buy them. There aren't many amps that even play in the same league as the 7B. Doesn't matter what speakers you use.

brucek

Comment

• Phil Rose
                • Aug 2000

I tried my 804s on my 7B-STs for an hour or two and they were great! Like brucek says, "Don't waste any more time - just go buy them." However, as others have said, they ARE over-kill for the 804s.

If you do get the 7Bs, when you balance the system with your processor the other channels will be taken care of. So, it doesn't matter if your running 600W on the front and 200W on the rears. My system is 600W front and 150W rears and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"