X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

question for Aussie Geoff

Hi Geoff I note that we are both resident in Perth Western Australia and was wondering if you can recommend a local B&W dealer as I am looking to buy a 600 series 5.1 setup shortly.I used Sound Advice back at the dawn of time when I bought my DM580 floorstanders but have not bought a great deal since then (1992 ish).Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Brendon
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Brendon,

There are several good ones. For the best set-up in terms of sound rooms - Surround Sounds in Nedlands has all the B&W range up to the Nautilus range and ask for Levi Grave...

If you don't mind travelling West Coast Hi Fi in Rockingham has the B&W 600 range and does a great deal on price.... (They can also demonstrate with Rotel amps etc if you are a Club Rotel Member)

Last option would be Surround Sounds Cannington - they only stock the 600s and 1 or 2 of the 700 series - but they have great demo rooms upstairs for both...

Regards

Geoff

Comment

• brendon
      • Aug 2004

Thanks Geoff

Thanks Geoff ,I am closest to surround sounds in Cannington so will start there .Thanks again
      Brendon

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Brendon,

The "trick" there is to:
        1) Take your time listenning and compairing - they respect people that like good sound.
        2) Ask for their advice over the difference models
        3) VIsit more than once and see the same sales guy each time if you can
        4) Only discuss the possibilty of a package discount price at the second visit and maybe wait to a third visit before buying
        5) Only the senior staff can do discounts (they are older). If you don't get one of them they have a nice younger salesman (Adrian from memory) who will spend lots of time with you - and then on your second or third visit will need to consult with the manager etc over discounts...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"