X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray
    • Jun 2004

B&w Nautilus 802 or Dynaudio Confidence C2

Hi,
    I'm still looking and listening around for my new audio experience. For now its the Nautilus 802. But some friends told me to listen to the Dynaudio Confidence C2. So I'm going to audition these speakers next friday, and compare them with the 802.
    So guys, why should I buy the 802? Did anyone else compare these two speakers, and if so, please give me some hints for auditioning these two.

Thanks,

Ray
  • Phil Rose
    • Aug 2000

When I was selecting speakers, I heard the Contour 3.0s and then the N802s. The Contours seemed to have plenty of highs and exagerated bass complared to the 802s. The thing that struck me about the 802s was the mid-range and very smooth integration from top to bottom. I came away from that audition deciding to purchase the B&Ws and didn't think that the Dynaudios were very balanced.

Later I had a chance to listen to a friends system that had DIY speakers using the very best Dynaudio drivers. It was just wonderful, no exagerations and was smooth from top to bottom. Based on this experience, I'd give the Dyns a second chance but if the Confidence are like the Contours I'd still pick the 802s.

The only thing to do is listen to the Confidence and compare them to the N802s. Try to find a dealer that has both lines so that you can do a side by side comparison. That really shows the differences without having to rely on audio memory.

Comment

• Ray
      • Jun 2004

Hi,
      I did audition the Dynaudio C2, and ... they are nice, but the N802 has more detail. With the Dynaudio, it was like sitting on the 10th row, and with the N802 I'm on the first row.
      I don't think that the extra high of the C2 (25 khz) added something I like to the music. I hope that the new B&W will do better.

Ray

Comment

• mark. a
        • Jul 2004

B&w Nautilus 802 or Dynaudio Confidence C2

The C2 is a little leaner, quicker, more focused, more detailed, more natural sounding than the 802N, with less of the typical B&W thickness in the bass, aggressive and metalic treble.

My vote goes to the Dynaudio C2.

Comment

• Blazar
          • Feb 2004

B&W are completely unforgiving of the recording process...

The highs and mid capabilities of the 802's are so good that you can't really be certain the speakers aren't bringing out the flaws in the recording process.

So far most of my music sounds fantastic on the b&w N802s. The speakers generate fantastic bass but they can be too boomy in a small room and without adequate spacing from the wall.

As much as people tell you to "audition" speakers, unless you hear them for around a month in your own home, it's hard to know for sure which will sound best in the long run.
          Blazar!
          (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"