Would you "upgrade" from Cdm9nt to 705 ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricardolowndes
    • Jun 2004

Would you "upgrade" from Cdm9nt to 705 ???

I ask if you would trade the Cdm9 NT for the new 705 because i was in a dilema about getting all chanels equals with the 705..

But acctually i think i´ll keep the Cdm9 NT and get a Rotel RSP1066 + RB1080 + RMB1066

The reason i´m getting the RSP-1066 is that the unit is new because dealers in Brazil still have it in stock and i´m getting a discount... (also , the dealer still didn´t receive the newer model 1068)

i´m paying: RSP-1066 ($1990)
    RB-1080 ($1980)
    RMB-1066 ($1080)
    Things are more expensive here ...
  • John Styrnol
    • Nov 2002

Aren't the 705s bookshelf speakers? That is not an upgrade in my book.
    John

My Home Theater
    My Home Page

Comment

• DrBoom
      • Dec 2003

Aren't the 705s bookshelf speakers? That is not an upgrade in my book.
      So you wouldn't consider changing to 805 Signatures an upgrade either ? :B

I'd keep the CDM9NT's, they sound way more natural than any 700 series. :T

Comment

• John Styrnol
        • Nov 2002

Maybe the 805s. I would definitely take the 803s though. :B
        John

My Home Theater
        My Home Page

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Arn't the CDM 9NT's suppose to sound very close to a N804?

I would keep the 9NT's
          Bing

Comment

• gostan
            • May 2003

I have a pair of CDM 7NT's, which I opted to purchase instead of the new 704's or 703's because: (i) I thought that the midrange sounded superior to the new 700's and (ii) because the discounted price made the cdm's a much better purchase. I thought that the 703's and 704's looked better, but did not really sound better. The CDM 9NT's were too much in my face for my smaller room and were not available in natural cherry at the time of my purchase.

I am, however, considering an upgrade to 804's, as the articulation and fuller clarity of vocals and instruments does sound better than the cdm 7nt's. I am not sure it is worth investing the money for this upgrade,because I do enjoy listening to the cdm 7's, but then again upgrading is why we all read and post on this forum.

stan
            Stan

Comment

• luszer
              • Feb 2003

Although I have not made this comparison, I have compared the 9nt to the 1nt and recently and only for a few hours thus far compared 1nt's and 9nt's to the N805.

If you enjoy the 1nt then you'll love the 9nt, much more of everything offered by the 1nt just better. More bass, pretty apparent, less strained and more open and airy. Mostly the difference in a 3 way vs. 2 way. So a great deal depends on if your enjoy a monitor vs. a tower

Now the real upgrade to the N805, WOW!! Much smoother and lifelike. A refined speaker with great resolution and timing. Accurate bass, not the deepest, but very controlled. Overall a very airy, lush set of monitors.

Its one of those things, you'll never think the CDM line is bad, strong word, unless you listen to the 805s. The 805 is a cut above the CDM line and is worth the additional cost.

Regards

Ron

Comment

• Mark_C.
                • Jan 2003

Ignorance is bliss. Many years ago I first listened to the B&W 600 series and thought, "Wow!"
                Then, before I actually purchased 600s, I accidently heard the old CDM7SEs powered by McIntosh equipment and immediately wanted them. No contest between the 600s and the CDMs. I bought the CDMs without listening to any Nautilus speaker because I knew I 'd then want the Nautilus and they were way beyond my price range.
                Everyone is convinced he or she has the best speaker (for the money) until we wander into our local B&W dealer and get exposed to the next best thing. I now have Nautilus speakers in two rooms of my house.

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

Hmmm, I like the look of the CDM series more than the 700 series. Opinion is in the mouth of the beholder.

Comment

• luszer
                    • Feb 2003

Mark_C

Exactly the same scenario, I have my 601s3 sitting in a closet, currently 9nts for my HT/everyday room. Also the newly acquired 805s replacing my 1nts in my 2 channel set up.
                    Man this is an expensive hobby, but worth it. No buyer's remorse moving from the 1nts to a set of 805s.

Good listening

Ron

Comment

• mrkiko
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ricardolowndes
                      I ask if you would trade the Cdm9 NT for the new 705 because i was in a dilema about getting all chanels equals with the 705..

But acctually i think i´ll keep the Cdm9 NT and get a Rotel RSP1066 + RB1080 + RMB1066

The reason i´m getting the RSP-1066 is that the unit is new because dealers in Brazil still have it in stock and i´m getting a discount... (also , the dealer still didn´t receive the newer model 1068)

i´m paying: RSP-1066 ($1990)
                      RB-1080 ($1980)
                      RMB-1066 ($1080)
                      Things are more expensive here ...
                      No, i wouldn't.

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

CDT 9NT to something like a 704/703, yes. I listened to the CDT series a few years back and did not like it at all. I have assumed the 700s were the same sound but had a chance to audition them a few weeks ago and WOW. I listened to the CDT again the other day but it's just too much of a difference.
                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• will1066
                          • Aug 2003

Ricardo never told us what he did.

Comment

• EAmin
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by audioqueso
                            CDT 9NT to something like a 704/703, yes. I listened to the CDT series a few years back and did not like it at all. I have assumed the 700s were the same sound but had a chance to audition them a few weeks ago and WOW. I listened to the CDT again the other day but it's just too much of a difference.
                            The 703 is an awesome speaker once broken in with a decent amp powering it. I have an RB-1090 on mine and it sings nicely. I have never listened to the 9NT but I would imagine the 703 sounding better as a lot of the Nautilus technology went into that speaker.

Comment

• DanR
                              • Dec 2004

I don't really think that is an upgrade. Maybe the 704, but not the 705. The 705 is a bookshelf speaker.
                              :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"