X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grilw
    • Jun 2004

New Member Here, looking for more info on my rare B&W's

hey guys i just joined , and i have a set of rare B&W speakers labeled PRO4 that were manufactured in the mid' 70s. I am looking for some technical information about them, as well as maybe replacement parts for them.

i have pictures to show you guys that i hope will help you pros understand what im talking about.

here they are:

very sorry about the size, i did not yet learn how to resize my pictures ops:

any information about these speakers will be very welcome .

Thanks in advance
    Greg
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

B&W are very good at supplying information about their old speakers. They have the manuals for from 1980s onwards on-line. For older speakers use this LINK and (as requested) give them a postal / fax address.

Equally you will find that the spakers are quite repairable - most citys have speaker repairers who will recone and replace capacitors in crossover networks etc. The tweeter and super-tweeter in the B&Ws were very popular drivers in the 70s - (IMF, Celestion etc all used them) and you can still get spare cones etc new!

Geoff

Comment

• grilw
      • Jun 2004

any other suggestions ?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"