X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Next Upgrade?

I currently listen to B&W CDM7NT's, CDMCNT & CDM1NT's with a ASW2000. I came into a few unexpected dollars and might consider another upgrade to my front setup.

My tastes are 60% redbook and sacd, dvd-a music and 40% ht. My fronts are powered by an Aragon 8008 with a Rotel 1075 to run the center, rears and second zone along with the Rotel 1098.

Should I consider an upgrade to 804's with a HTM1 center and what sound advances/benefits would be achieved? I have listened to the new 700 series, but purchased the CDM's when they were being closed out because I thought that the midrange of the CDM's was more pleasant than that of the 700's. I have not been able to A-B the 804's and the CDM7's, but may be able to borrow the N804's for such a comparison at home.

Or should I take the wife on a well-deserved vacation? I know - I should plan the vacation first, before I upgrade again.

Thanks,
    Stan
    Stan
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Gostan,

A tough one...

1) B&W 804s and HTM1

2) Vacation with wife

1) Great sound and pleasure

2) Great relationship and pleasure

Only you can decide. But I have no doubt that you should listen to the 804s and know what pleasure you would be giving up for that vacation....

PS -Are you sure you can't have both.... :wink:

Geoff

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

Geoff:

I just booked the week in Aruba, so that is all taken care of.

If it were not so beautiful outside today in Boston, I would run down to Natural Sound and take a long listen to the 804's & HTM1 and let my ears determine what I might be missing. I do plan to do soon Tuesday evening.

I think that I must be a very lucky guy. If I love the speakers, then my next question will be: do I just bring them home, or do I tell her first.

Oh, why break my existing upgrade record - If I love them, of course, I will buy them and expand upon some story about the great deal I got on trading up.

Stan
      Stan

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Gostan

Great idea - have both

Any excuse to upgrade ...

Masterful creativity with your wife / partner as to the reasons

It's a great hobby

Good to see you are just like the rest of us....

PS = After a while you need to take her with you - get her to compare with you. Don't talk price - just what she likes... Works a treat in many cases...

Geoff

Comment

• gostan
          • May 2003

Geoff:

My wife was amazed at the new sounds that she could hear when I upgraded from 602's to the CDM7's. I think that you have a very good idea, but instead of taking her to Natural Sound for a listening test, I will ask my dealer to borrow a pair of 804's for a direct at home comparison.

Stan
          Stan

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"