X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • platinum
    • May 2004

best combination?

Hope you guys could give some suggestions on which center speaker would best match the 602S3s. Some say the LCR60 is made for it, some say the 600s are better. You guys should know what's best. The room is 20x20sqft. the listening position is 15 feet from the tv. The listening room where I tried them was too small, I couldn't really tell which was better. Thanks in advance
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Have you bought the 602s yet? Your room is big, and I would go with at least 603s (unless you don't have space for floorstanders) and the LCR 600.

Comment

• platinum
      • May 2004

Thanks for the reply Will. The 603s are really nice but it's way over the budget allocated for the system. I also tried the 602.5s but I was more into the 602s. I'm also using the 600S3s for the rear and the ASW600 for bass. Given your reply the LCR600 is a better match? For peace of mind

Comment

• greggz
        • Jun 2002

Wanna know a dirty little secret? If your setup allows you to have your L & R mains about 6 feet apart... you dont need a center channel speaker. :E

The whole purpose of the center channel speaker is to anchor the sound in the center when the mains are far apart (say 8 feet or more).

If you didnt have to get a center channel speaker right away, would your budget allow you to move up to the 603's?
        Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

I would go with the LCR 600. The LCR 60 is more suited to the 600 and 601 S3.

Comment

• platinum
            • May 2004

Thanks so much Will. Wow Greggz, I never thought of that. Is that possible? Of course it is but what about the dialogue? Where will it come from? If it's DTS/Dolby Digital it comes from the center right? I would definitely have the budget for the 603s if I'm not purchasing a center speaker but wouldn't I be sacrificing a little sound quality in the process? Would it sound better? I hope you could show some articles regarding this. Thanks so much

Comment

• will1066
              • Aug 2003

If the system is intended for your own personal use, then you can get away with not using a center channel. Dolby systems create a phantom center from the left and right fronts when there is no center output. Without a center channel, you start to get problems when you move away from the sweet spot (the center position between the right and left front speakers). So if your system is also for others like family and friends, that may be a concern, as they will not receive dialog and center-channel activity as well as the person sitting in the sweet spot.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                • May 2004

Go with the CM's

better built and sound tighter than the 600 series :T

Comment

• george_k
                  • Jan 2004

I agree with greggz my 603's are about 6 feet apart and no center is needed, my couch can accommodate 3 people and is located in the "sweet spot".

Comment

• doubleA
                    • May 2004

Just an idea but have you considered 3x LCR600's? I would only do this if you use the system mainly for Home Theater.
                    Your Left, Center, and Right (LCR) would be perfectly voice matched for seemless panning across the front. I have the 602s2 with LCR60 but would buy the LCR600 if I could do it all over again since it would've matched better with my recently purchased floorstanders.

I say bigger is better in the long run

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"