X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cnaltaylor
    • Nov 2003

802 Matrix Series 2

I have a pair of 802 Matrix Series II speakers which I bought second-hand.

Since I have had the 802's I have noticed that the sound tends to become dull over time, lacking in emotion. I have on a couple of occasions removed the mid/tweeter pod and disconnected the connector. After gently squeezing the connector to tighten the connection I have reconnected the cable and refitted the pod.

Once this has been performed on both 802's the sound produced has more sparkle and emotion.

I assume the problem is a deterioration in the contacts in the connector is causing a bad connection and a drop off in mid & hf output. Is there a modification I can perform on the 802's to correct this?

Have you heard of this problem before?

I was thinking of removing the plug and socket and soldering the wires together. The issue is I am not sure how much slack there is in the connector wires.

Other than this small problem I am totally wrapped in the 802's, which encouraged me to purchase the rest of the B&W speakers in my home theatre and am seriously contemplating purchasing 2 more for rear surrounds. I have purchased CDM CNT, ASW600 & 2 x DM601 S3 to build my home theatre.

I am currently using Rotel DSP 1098 pre/pro and RMB 1075 5x125w amplification. I am contemplating buying another RMB 1075 to drive the 2 rears and bi-amping the front L & R and centre. I assume bi-amping will improve control and obviously drive capability - do you think this would be a good thing to do?
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"