X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grandsvaux
    • Oct 2016

802d 3 whats a man to do !

Hi guy its been a wile since my last post just had a listen to the 802d3 at my local distributor I bought the 802 diamonds as 6 mth ex demo and given that I live in a small Island 9 by 5 they had had very little use and got them for 8K a great reduction from full retail price 2yr ago. They just got the new d3,s in so of I went just to demo Yeah right who was I kidding.They do sound great and to top it they offered to trade back my d2,s and deduct the full price I paid for them. wow :P you don't get that sort of return from a used car ! I still have to stump up £6.500 But this deal is to good to pass up I thinks ! Took she who must be obeyed with me and she loved them as they are white as my D2 are piano black and stand out more in the room look's like I have the green light. I will post some pics in due course.:T
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

good deal on a great speaker :T
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• grandsvaux
      • Oct 2016

Hi Guys I need a little advice I recived my new 802d3 yesterday they sound amazing after playing for around 1hr and 30min won speaker mid range speaker started to sound grainy and crackly on the vocals it was very notable. I was not playing music at any were mid volume on playing them today i can still pick up a distortion in the mid on the same speaker I rum classe m600 mono's so changed it over to the other mono to make sure it was not a bad connection on that side.could this be a mater of the speaker run in or do you think there could be a problem with it? as the other speaker is flawlass and crystal clear. I have emailed my distributor but as it is a bank holiday today won't here back from them till tomorrow.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by grandsvaux
        could this be a mater of the speaker run in or do you think there could be a problem with it?
        IMO, it is definitely not a matter of speaker run in! Get the dealer/distributor to fix it or replace it.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• grandsvaux
          • Oct 2016

contacted them to day and they are coming out tomorrow to have a look its really put a downer on the hole experience I was so looking forward to getting them.Hopefully it won't take to long to sort though it might have to be shipped back b&w in the UK. and that will mean a 2-3 week turn around :cry:

Comment

• Patrick Butler
            • Jan 2014

They won't need to be shipped back to the UK to be repaired (assuming the speaker is damaged.) However, your dealer/distributor will need special tools provided by Bowers & Wilkins to replace drivers. Once they have the tools, the speakers are easy to repair and the process is much less expensive than shipping the whole speaker back to the UK.

Regards,

Patrick
            B&W Group North America

Comment

• grandsvaux
              • Oct 2016

They came out to day and agree that there is a notable tremor coming from the mid driver and they will replace it asap. And as you said Patrick they will need a special tool to do this. I will up date you in due course and post some pics.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"