X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

The silence

Seems pretty quite in the B&W forum these days, whats everyone up to? Anyone purchasing new bits for their system?
    Last edited by SoundEngine355; 02 August 2015, 07:39 Sunday.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15
  • Rod#S
    • Oct 2010

I've noticed this as well. Still enjoying my speakers.

With everything paid off I recently added a Bryston BDP-2 digital player and a Siltech Golden Ridge II AES/EBU cable with Furutech carbon/rhodium XLR's so I've been listening to a lot of music lately. I'm now sort of getting into the fine tuning of the system. Most "necessary" major components have been purchased for now so I'm taking the opportunity to add some quality cabling and get a pair of Solid Tech single shelf Rack of Silence stands for my Bryston 28's so they each sit out beside their respective 800. I'm also taking a nice long look into a new SSP and keeping an eye on Atmos, Auro 3D and dts:X before making a decision. I'm not in any rush. I suspect I'll swap out my Bryston 6B-SST for three 7B-SST2's and add a few more power conditioners at some point, possibly add a UPS for my DVR, NAS and gaming consoles.
    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Perhaps there are other B&W owners out there like me who are satisfied with what they already own, which means there's not much to talk about?

I'm still enjoying my 803D speakers so I don't think about changing them. I occasionally think about changing my ASW750 subwoofer but then I get down on my knees up close and listen to what's coming out of my floorstanders compared to my sub I am reminded that at a crossover of 80 Hz most of the low frequency work when listening to music is being done by the floorstanders. The sub is providing ambient sound only - important, but not critical. So then my thoughts turn to other components like my DAC. At the top of my list of 'maybe' replacements is the NAD M51. If you are following the M51 lovefest on an adjacent thread you'll understand why. But then I look lovingly at my LFD DAC3, which is a boutique DAC dating back to 2001, and uncertainty descends. Only 100 or so DAC3 units were ever manufactured, so I have something that's quite rare, and it sounds really nice. Then I think my hi-res music, especially from Blu-ray, could be improved (using the HDMI out from my OPPO BDP-95) so the M51 stays in play. In the meantime I put all decisions on hold and focus on the music.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"